Just to let you all know....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JemmaUK, Jul 12, 2008.

1. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Hi all,

I might disappear for a while fairly shortly... its not because im bored of the subject, not by a long chalk lol.

Some of you here know my situation, some dont. I am not going to rehash that here. At the moment my partner is in hospital terminally ill. She is not expected to survive longer than a couple of months, she sleeps most of the time, and is constantly in pain. What makes this all harder is she is only 22 years old.

When what must happen happens, I will be in no fit state for a while to be online or talking to people so I make my excuses in advance if I seem to disappear for a bit... I will be back when I have done what I will need to do and dealt with the situation enough to get back into the swing of life in general.

I just thought I should let people know

Jemma xx

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

My thoughts and prayers are with you and her.

3. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Thank you :)

Jemma xx

4. You'll be missed but my thoughts and prayers are with you also.
    Take your time, Jemma.

5. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Oh, what terrible news. My thoughts and prayers will be with both of you.

6. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

We will be here. Remember, ya got friends here and let us know if you need something more than a prayer and positive thoughts.
    Via con dios

7. lennyharp

lennyharp Member

Prayers for comfort for both of you. Please write as you can and keep riding too. Transition is a part of an eternal perspective we share as life.

8. wayde

wayde Guest

our thoughts and prayers are with you we'll all be here when your ready to come back

9. RATRODER

RATRODER Guest

Peace be with you and her,always. louis

10. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes. It means alot to both of us. I am trying to stay positive about the situation, although even for the greatest optimist there isnt much to find that positive. :(

I will talk to the doctor again soon but there is little more they can do but keep her comfortable and moderate her pain. The only viable option now would be a transplant of everything below the diaphragm - and she is far to weak to survive that sort of procedure. All I can do is be there for her.

thank you again for all your support and kind words, I will write when I can but I honestly doubt that I will be writing anywhere other than this thread.

Jemma xx

11. Feng

Feng New Member

I am so sorry, Jemma.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Please take care.

12. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

My sympathy & prayers are with you, both. I hope that she is at peace, relieved of pain, & that you both can have the greatest of times during her last days !!

13. BSA

BSA Guest

I'll really miss your input to the forum Gemma, my thoughts are with both of you.

BSA

14. jpcourtney

jpcourtney Member

So sorry for you two.

Thoughts and prayers,
    John

15. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Very, very sorry to hear it.

But don't forget that you have a bunch of folks here who value your contributions and hope for your happiness.

Dont' be gone too long.

16. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Sasha is in less pain at the moment although she is sleeping more - which is to be expected. She is still completely lucid when she is awake which is a good sign.

I will keep you all updated as I can. There may be some good news on a slightly different front soon so wish me luck. I just hope she says yes ...

again, thank you so much for your support and friendship, it means alot to both of us

Jemma xx

17. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

Update:

Sasha is slowly getting worse - which is as expected :cry:

Shes awake less of the time and is on a higher dose of pain meds

Thank you for all the support it means alot..

Jemma xx

18. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry. I actually have a lump in my throat. It makes my problems seems so small.

19. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

To let you all know.

Sasha died yesterday in her sleep - 13:37 on the 22nd September 2008...

She almost made it to my birthday as she had promised.

I wont be around for a while, thank you for all your support

Jemma

20. kerf

kerf Guest

Jemma

I am truly sorry for your loss but it is best that her struggle is ended and she is at peace. My prayers are with you.