Just wondering- opinions please

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guest, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a chance to buy a bunch of Schwinns for realy cheap....well under a hundred for them. Among them are a couple Varsitys, Suburbans, a Sear Ted Wlliams, a couple of 60's coaster brake bikes and some others.

Any idea of values or where to find the value of these bikes?

P.S. spread the word about the off topic forum, seems like only a handful know it exists.

2. spunout

spunout Member

Well, Joe...if it were me, I'd probably start at the Schwinn forum. they have a place specifically for vintage/classic bikes.
    Happy :mrgreen:
  3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I like the old Chicago-built Schwinns. Tough as nails! Whether you plan to motor them or pedal 'em, you can't go wrong, at that price. Make them roll well & sell a couple to get your $$$ back.
  4. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

:grin:I had a Sears Ted Williams, a white one with red-white and blue trim. tough bike. nicely made. I'd buy another one if it's in fair running shape.
  5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I have a Sears Ted Williams, white with red-white and blue trim. I loan it to temporary residents (read: Hobos, hanging out for a while in town). They seem to take pretty good care of it, and drop it back off with me when they are ready to move on.
  6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I dont know if its a fad or I just never noticed but some of those old bikes from the 50s 60s and 70s are selling on craigslist from a 150$ to hundreds of $. Keep in mind these bikes are all original or have been restored. Brings back memories all good.
  7. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

Alaskavan, you're a good guy to loan it out.

hi darwin, they sell for a lot because they were made extremely well. and the styling is excellent. never goes out of style.
  8. Esteban

Esteban Active Member