just wrecked!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by unior, Dec 18, 2010.

1. unior

unior Member

Just wrecked on the way to a friends house. I'm ok. Be ready for it people cause it will happen. I hit a patch of black ice in a corner and boom down I went.

2. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

It will only happen if you are crazy enough to ride in the winter.
    glad you are ok.
  3. Karryhunt

Karryhunt Member

Naw, all you need is those studded tires......:whistling:
  4. adb140275

adb140275 Member

winter isnt a good enough reason to put the bikes away... being threatened by the police is, however.
  5. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Glad your okay!

6. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Heh heh, at least somebody else was the first down this year. Bike OK? I almost lost it a couple times in the last couple weeks. Did a nice 2 wheel drift for about 30 feet day before yesterday, but stayed up. At least you don't lose too much skin as a rule in winter wipe outs.....but the bruises still hurt. :ack2:
  7. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

I like the signature Jim...gonna have to use it. :devilish:
  8. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

The words of a true die-hard!

They waited in front of my house for over an hour, one day. You had to see the look on their face when I threw the bike over the fence behind my home (w/o them knowing) and walked out on my porch 45 min latter!!!

The rest of the Country doesn't understand what it feels like to be a goldfish in a Bass pond!!! You need to ride it whenever you can get away with it!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  9. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

What a great analogy! I love it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  10. unior

unior Member

Thats crazy you slid on a bike and didn't fall.

I had insulated coveralls on so I didn't lost any skin. I did have a sore knee for a day or two though.
  11. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I'm glad he didn't get hurt either... I've slid like that before, it's actually a wild feeling to be at total loss of control on two wheels! You just have to fight for your balance and compensate in anticipation of hitting dry pavement.

On the sub topic, we really need to get it together and fight these laws. I wish there were more MB'rs up here but in a way I'm glad because there's not as much attention on them either.
  12. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Yeah, lucky I guess. If I would have been on the mountain bike or road bike frames I would have lost it I think. I had the stretch with the low mount engine, so it is a bit more stable. Will say that it is one of the few times that the front washed out with out going down.

Weather has gotten colder (5-15 range) so it is a little easier to ride now. Low 30's can be treacherous. Course now all the little frozen tire tracks and plow berms are out to gitcha.

Eye protection is a good thing too....hard to see if your eyeballs are frozen shut. Coveralls help with the scraping and bruising. Dress in layers, more padding. :detective: