KC's 68cc 4-stroke 4-speed soft tail

I bought this engine a few weeks ago because it was a great price, under $300 delivered, and I figured I could use it.

452168612_o.jpg

Bought a big Electra bike to put it on but changed my mind and putting a 49cc HS 142F direct drive on that and bought this today for the 4-stroke 4-speed semi automatic motorcycle engine.

29_motopedpicss.jpg.FP

Got the foot peg kit too and even with a discount $2,521 delivered, but it should come out looking like this.

27_MopedMB50.jpg.FP

I don't which one I am more excited about building, the Fat Tire Sun as a 7-speed 2-stroke or this 'Motorcycle with Pedals' hehehe ;-}

You have a lot to look forward to between the Cruiser and the Motoped. Are you going to buy the motoped kit or do you plan to fab a frame?

You have a lot to look forward to between the Cruiser and the Motoped. Are you going to buy the motoped kit or do you plan to fab a frame?
I bought the Motoped frame.
No challenge to it but that's OK, I went and looked at where I got the engine and they are $440 now, and the shift kit and performance parts for this build just came in yesterday.

SunCrusherNewL.jpg

Big 'ol Fat Tire Sun 7-speed so I plenty of challenge ahead of me ;-}

30 day ETA on the MotoPed frame.

The 49cc 4-stroke on the big Electra frame sold the day it was finished.

2_4sElectra2L-1280.jpg

The big Sun Fat Tire is coming along, got the 66cc 2-stroke with SBP shift kit is in and it test rides with the 7-speed just dandy, I hope to get him buttoned up today or Monday.

SunCrusherAlmostR-1280.jpg

Always something do around here ;-}

Looks like I'll have the bike in a couple of days.

ShipTrack6.jpg

Basically a dirt bike with pedals ;-}

The 'bike' is here.
It didn't come as pictured, it came in a box the size of a residential AC unit.

Inside the big box is a bunch of smaller boxes.

MotoFrameBox2.jpg

MotoFrameBox3.jpg

I think 'some assembly required' is one heck of an understatement, I expected a 'bike in a box' with the handlebars and front wheel off and such like all the other bikes I buy in a box, in this case I have to build the darn frame before I can even get started.

No biggie, just time consuming for a pet project so it gets the back burner for now.

I do feel for the DHL driver though...
It's monsoon season and he got here at 'prime time' for the heat.
Better he sweat than me however so I showed him where to put the box in the shop with just a little help from me once it was inside.

Anyway it's here, let the adventure begin ;-}

Originally posted by BigDOGGe
[br]The nice thing about having to assemble it is that you know the bike inside and out. With this example to show potential customers, I bet you will get some orders for some in assembled form.
And I can paint it because I'm not building it on this ugly charcoal gray main frame.

It is far from a rolling frame however.

MotoPedFrame1.jpg

1280x view http://KCsBikes.com/pics/MotoPedFrame1-1280.jpg
4000x view (warning, huge detail!) http://KCsBikes.com/pics/MotoPedFrame1-4Kx3K.jpg

Man it sure has a beefy swingarm/jackshaft, real motorcycle quality, just look at those quality welds!

Some instructions would have been nice.

The only instructions I got are how to deal with the hydraulic disc brakes, it's kind of like a jigsaw puzzle with no picture on the box top at the moment but I'm a clever guy and may have it to a 'rolling frame' by the weekend.

No instructions is pretty rediculous. For $2,000 you'd think they could include $1 worth of paper with some pictures and instructions.

All three of those bikes look like good ones. I'd love to put a surfboard rack on the fat tire and cruise down an isolated beach looking for waves.

while at the time, i disagreed with the old guy at one place, "read the instruction manual when it DOESNT work" on a job like this, i do agree... no manual needed! i have faith in you, mr vale!

the machine in question was a $50,000 induction heater(it could literally vaporise a 1" steel bar INSTANTLY!), and, well...i read the manual, and everyone ignored me, the labels on the side, and the suppliers, and wondered why it didnt work... :giggle:

whenever i see those engines, i always think...surely it wouldnt be terribly hard to get the cylinder, piston and associated, then make some simple crankcase, which disposes of all that excess weight and width and yeah...

i have a pile of them, so the idea pops into my head almost daily...

best thing is that ALL the motors fit, all the way to the daytona or takegawa DOHC 150cc 22hp versions with 6 speed boxes! but 2000+ for just the engine is a bit excessive me thinks... that frame, the accesories do look better than the standard "cheapo" pitbike bits, so 2000 for that could...just...only just...be justifiable.

Back