KC's typical HS 49cc 4-S on 29" Micargi

KCvale

In memory of KCvale 1959 - 2019
Local time
11:46 PM
I really like the quality of parts in Micargi bicycles for the money.

My independent bike shop just around the corner from me took a shining to me and what I am doing so he keeps putting new cool bikes I can motorize and knows what is involved.

Anyway...
As far as simple to maintain and operate reliably this tops the list in my book for the money at this current time.

fatal4SddFrontRight-1280.jpg

3 independent brakes, cushy BMX foam grips, 2-stroke open pipe, tensioner only needed for future easy adjustment, NGK 7544 (CVR7HIX) Iridium spark plug and 2.5L (2/3 gallon) gas tank it is pretty much a pull up to a pump once a week and throw a gallon in it and motor on.

fatal4SddRight-1280.jpg

fatal4SddLeft-1280.jpg

With the 29" wheels it is bit sluggish off the line so the pedal sprocket is very small.
It don't take much to get it going but it will get you ~30MPH and for all 'intent's and purposes' legal here by .7 HP.

In short, ideal for Joe Businessman that Sheriff Joe caught driving home from the office party and is now 'Transportation Challenged'.

Here are a couple of close up shots of how I modified the base mount.

7Gbase1-14Rrear.jpg

7Gbase1-14Rfront.jpg

I just made two too short base mounts into one long enough to fit right with a welder.
Like the way I used the word 2 three times all with different meanings?

I crack myself up sometimes, but this type build really is a decent reliable commuter for the money.

Back