Keeping the Technical and Product Topics Neater and Tidier

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by bamabikeguy, Apr 5, 2007.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

In certain technical and product categories, in the interest of getting an answer clearly and concisely, I think wrong infomation or irrelevent replies should be deleted.

This isn't to quash debate on riding or other techniques, but rather about installations and specification questions.

General areas, pictures et cetera are entirely free flowing, but in the pursuit of good information in the technical areas, I think a moderator should be able to cull out some of the fluff.

And, to help novices search through the pages and pages of information that is coming into play, maybe the moderators could tweak some of the Topic Headings so there is a clue as to what the category is.....

Just a suggestion :cool:

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

Agreed.

3. bamabikeguy

You know what might work?

Okay, we have thousands of topics now, and some of them are starting to get "triple and quadrupal" treatment.

An experienced member, knowing the SAME topic was covered a couple of months ago, could jump into the earlier pages, POST A REPLY and simply write "Rescued".....

Then the older topic could be enlarged, and the newer one simply added to it. Moderator could then zip and zap. I think it will work better than simply listing links.

Watch how it works with AVATAR. and tell me what you think.

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

good one 'bama :)
    think that will solve the prob 8) 8)

5. bamabikeguy

What got me thinking was "Traveling Tools":

If we used this RESCUE SYSTEM, when a complete list of small tools was listed, via various postings, then the thing could be lock/archived as the "be all/end all" list of tools to take on the bike ride.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

nice.

another "shortcut" our experienced members can help with is to post the link as the answer, then continue the discussion in the already-existing topic. the old-but-still-relevant topic rises back up while the second inqury falls away...