Keith Williams has arrived!

Local time
6:30 PM
I had one heck of a time registering. I finally figured out my username had a dot after it. Here I am. :D I am 72, live in Bartlesville Ok., 50 mi. North of Tulsa.
I have owned about 145 motorcycles, still have about 7, but still have a soft place for designing and building motorbikes. Currently I am building a Lotus 7 clone (Locost) from scratch so bikes are on the back burner. I am doing the confuser thing because being out of work, I am spending a lot of time watching Sarah and John while I communicate. This is an area I am comfortable with, having built about 14 motorbikes since the 1st one in the
7th grade. It was a Briggs WI from a washing machine. 5/8 hp, suction mixing valve, splash oiler. It hauled me 10 blocks to highschool all week for a little square tank of fuel. No brakes or clutch, but I used my shoe soles on the front wheel and thus invented "stoppies" and 3 or 4 licks with the leg and it was running again. It was good to me and kindled a love that lasts today.
When I grew up, things were crude and I did the best I could with dad's tools and depended a lot on freebys from dad's friends to build with. A mechanically inclined kid has an unfair advantage among men in mechanical business. After awhile, you become a pest and have to start paying your own way. Somewhere else I will give you an essay I wrote for fun covering the construction details on my latest which is a Monarch bike with a 5-1/2 HP Chinese OHV motor and featuring a 3-speed Sturmey-Archer rear hub tranny as a jackshaft,and a friction wheel outboard of the motor pulley (clothes dryer support wheel)that drives a bicycle lighting generator full-time. I also had this one powder coated, but moreover it gives a look at what it was like growing up in the late 40's and 50's with motorbikes. I am also an old freeflight and R/C modeler and raced model gas boats as well as sail and row. I enjoy machine work and built a 600 sq.ft. metal shop to house my machine tools. I would urge all to register with www.metalmeet.com and learn all the tricks. They are good craftsmen and generous with their answers and advice. There are plans for building English wheels, helve and plannishing hammers, etc. I have belonged for several years. Keith(trackfodder)Williams

Last edited:
Welcome and I bow down in your direction. I'd love to see your latest work.

Welcome.I also collect vintage bicycles and have had a few Monark's.I'd love to see you're current project.

Monarch

Somewhere else I will give you an essay I wrote for fun covering the construction details on my latest which is a Monarch bike with a 5-1/2 HP Chinese OHV motor and featuring a 3-speed Sturmey-Archer rear hub tranny as a jackshaft,and a friction wheel outboard of the motor pulley (clothes dryer support wheel)that drives a bicycle lighting generator full-time.

I'm really curious about this one Keith.

Back