kill switch

john B.

Local time
3:29 PM
Where can I find a good one.The kit one is junk I read right? Ignition coil wire heavy duty one where do I find one? Spark plug at a auto store?? If not Where??

I just use any old decent electrical switch from Radio Shack or an auto parts store.

It is better for the magneto to wire another switch of your own device to open the ignition circuit rather than short it to ground.

I do not doubt that there may be some benefits to opening the circuit, but I have engines I have grounded out to kill for 20 years. I do the same on my Honda and I really do not have any fears about harming it.

Same here.

really, there's so little power being dumped that about the ONLY way I could see it causing damage, would be if you hit the switch at the top of a LONG downhill run and coasted using the motor as a brake. (Then, enough heat might build up inside the mag to damage it) Of course, without any premix, you's be trashing the motor anyway.

A descent on/off toggle switch is cheap & absolutely reliable.No problem having it earth to the frame.
DSCI0057.JPG

Back