kill switch

rgd48

Local time
7:58 PM
i'm rgd48 better known as hotrod. i'm new to this type of hobby and having a few problems. 0ne being the kill switch on my bike. it seems to function backwards. i have to keep it depressed in order for it to run. as i bought this bike used from someone else, i'm not sure this is correct. can you possibly help me? thank you in advance. --hotrod--

could my kill switch be defective? i've tried a few methods to no avail. also i can't keep a steady idle with the clutch disengaged. what can i do? help me please!!!!!!

What do you mean when you say clutch 'disengaged'? Do you mean with the clutch lever squeezed in or out? If you mean lever out, that would be clutch engaged and engine in drive position. It will not idle in that position unless you have a centrifugal clutch. If you mean it won't idle with the lever squeezed in, that's another problem. Possibly idle screw is screwed out too far. If your clutch is not disengaging completlely that would also kill the engine at idle.

Hotrod...a 'good meaning' neighbor managed to 'fubar' my original kill switch before I could even get it installed. We went down to Radio Shack and he purchased a heavy duty toggle switch and small waterproof utility box to mount it in. I ran new wires from the motor to the mounted box...works like a charm. Positive 'on' and positive 'off'...no chance for error. The whole thing was around 5 bucks or so.

A lot of these switches that come with these HT kits are defective right out of the box ..I did the same as Patrick W ( and many others here )..Heavy duty toggle switch from Radio Shack is the best bet.

Kill-Switch

Hotrod...In case you or anyone else is interrested, this should be a photo of my Kill-Switch and Waterproof Box mounded on the frame of The Meteor (just under the seat.)

Attachments

• Kill_Switch.jpg
    Kill_Switch.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 123
Back