Killing the engine.

How do you kill your engine?

• Total voters
sherryc8641: i have left clutch lever, nothing else. i have right throttle & double-pull brake lever. my killswitch is on the stem, easy for either thumb to find.

Im installing the engine tomorrow, I replaced the flimsy kill switch with a heavy duty push/pull spst and will be also adding a keyswitch. The 2 switches are to be installed in a "jiffy box", where I have not decided yet.

Unfortunately I have to run twice as many wires for my dynamo system and kill switch, my bike is aluminium and will not conduct. :(

Anyway, I will post photos (as promised). Sadly my laptop fried, now im stuck using an old 400 mhz machine... at least it does the job.

Never buy an acer laptop :devilish: :mad: :devilish:

~Fox

When you say using the clutch to turn it off, does that mean just stalling it, because that cant be good on the clutch?! THen the killswitch also is pretty dammagin to the magneto I have heard.

Nobody has mentioned my method of doing it, I simply put the choke on and pull on the throttle this effectively makes it run too rich and it cuts out, this isnt damaging is it?

For me,None of the above! I would do that blue wire kill switch with toggle but I just love the way I have mine set up right now.
No kill switch whatsoever.
Idle adjust to stop engine when throttle is turned full down.
It's AWESOME when you pull up to a crowd towards the bike rack and as your dismounting while still rolling your engine is slowly idling to a stop.
That is the epiphany to cool.
And I shut her down constantly when riding anyway to save gas and to not disrespect pedestrians and dog walkers.
Down the road,I'd still like to do the key switch with toggle for security reasons.
But I may just keep my idle where it is.

I'm also none of the above.

My engine is tricky. Sometimes when I turn the choke on... the engine will cut off like it's supposed to. Other times, when it's still cold, it'll keep running, so I have to pull the plug wire since my killswitch doesn't work.

I will be doing the toggle switch before too long, but it's the last thing I'm worried about right now.

Nope... I actually saw it on some show I was watching at a friend's house. These lumber jacks called one of their diesel machines sparky (they mighta said smokey, but it sounded like sparky). I liked the name a lot & consider myself an igniter in more ways than one...

Back