KilroyCD's and RdKryton's EZM project

Glad to hear that, Bill. I'm hoping to get our bike finished this Wednesday, or at least as close to finished as possible. I still need to source a 5.5" crank and then everything will be hunky-dory. I'd rather source a new one than rob it from a kid's bike I have in the garage. That crank is pretty rusty.
I have off from work on Wednesday, and (besides having to take my dog to the vet in the morning) I'll be able to spend a lot of time bringing this project to completion (I hope).

My progress so far

To look at the photos, you wouldn't guess that much was accomplished today. But I did get some stuff done, despite having a pulled muscle in my lower back.
I swapped out the 6.5" crank for a 5.5" one, connected the throttle and clutch cables, mounted the fuel tank (it was just sitting loosely on the frame for the last photos) and hooked up the fuel line.
The chain needs to be shortened as it's about eight inches too long (Bill, it looks like I got your missing bit). I need to connect the kill switch, shorten and mount the chain, cut the fender for the chain to clear, paint the housing black and it'll be ready to roll.
Here are pics of today's progress. In the first one, my "foreman" just finished inspecting the work and the second photo is of the bike so far. The third shot is a close up of the mount.

Attachments

• 100_1789.jpg
    100_1789.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_1790.jpg
    100_1790.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_1791.jpg
    100_1791.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 256
Awesome guys!!! I'm really diggin' on watching everyone's different approaches on these...

with the gearbox stabilizing bolt, your mount should do the trick just right :)
painting the cover does a lot for the look (I painted inside and out, you can see the inside from left side of bike :cool:)

Got a little more work done on it this evening. I hooked up the kill switch and installed the drivetrain stabilizing mount. Tomorrow I plan to take care of the chain and the exhaust. Then I'll paint the cover, and with any luck I'll be riding it this weekend!

The "Bluebird" is about to "fly"

Sunday is the day. Jim and I got a little work done on the bike this evening. Specifically, we got the fender cut for the chain, the flex pipe exhaust fitted and the cover painted. I also had to readjust the cone nuts on the rear wheel, as though all the work being done I managed to end up with around 3/16" side to side play. That's all rectified. Sunday the drive chain will be fitted, the front brake adjusted, oil and gas added and, as Jackie Gleason would say, "Awaaay we go!" :D:D:D

Attachments

• 100_1792.jpg
    100_1792.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_1793.jpg
    100_1793.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_1794.jpg
    100_1794.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 259
That thing's lookin good. If your tank was blue your bike would almost be identical to mine. I like the way you mounted your seat post gear box support. I might try that.

Better Jackie Gleason than Oliver Hardy........."here's another fine mess you've gotten us both into" :D

Using a tensioner mount for the rear gearbox mount is sheer brilliance. Looking really good and have fun today riding it!

Back