Official King's Motor Bikes Reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Anton, Aug 22, 2008.

Please rate your experience w/ KingsMotorBikes: (You MUST post a review if you vote)

1. 5 - Excellent

2. 4 - Above Average

3. 3 - Average

4. 2 - Below Average

5. 1 - Poor

1. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I bought an engine from them about 3 years ago. It was a great engine, vibrated a bit, but had incredible low end torque and could power up any mountain with a 44 tooth sprocket. I don't know if they sell the newer 65cc engines, but the one I got from them was a bronze bushing engine that was virtually indestructible.

I've bought parts from them over the years and never had any problem with their shipping or customer service. I'd buy from them again.
  3. Egor

Egor Guest

I got two kits from him. The first one the box looked like it was dropped from outer space, he sent all the missing parts straight away. The second one is on my Schwinn, true it vibrates but it runs good and has been in there for a long time. My kits from him came with the larger tank, it looks ten times better than the small ones. I would buy from him again. Have fun, Dave
  4. spunout

spunout Member

i gave them an 'above average' vote, simply because the kits i got had the larger, 3/4 gallon tank, and the motors (70cc and 48cc). both pulled like tractors, with no problems.
    14,000 miles on the 70cc motor, and it's still going with no parts (except gaskets) exchanged yet.
  5. mattysids

mattysids Member

I voted poor for a few reasons,

During a ride, one of the head studs made a loud pop and i immediately knew what had happened, it had pulled out of the engine block and ruined the threads, requiring expensive repair

when i went to remove the engine from the bike for simple maintenance (other than the stud) and checking all bolts, the screw holding the clutch cable to the lever it lost it's head

the rear motor mount broke out of the crankcase (both minor issues, but a pain in the *** to fix)

THEN, i looked at the cylinder carefully after removing it to clean carbon deposits, and noticed that it is not even remotely close to smooth, there were obvious spots of both excessive wear and areas where carbon was filling in divots in the cylinder

I called king's expecting at least some cooperativeness because they gave me a three month warranty which i am still in, but i was rudely turned down.

they told me that they would only send ANYTHING to me if i had called with a problem within a couple weeks of receiving it..... when i asked about the three month warranty they avoided the topic

basically, it's not even worth it to repair this engine, i'd rather buy one from a company that actually follows through on its warranty
  6. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Only motor/ kit i have bought so far...changed out some parts ,running good so far..
  7. Edward

Edward Guest

Bought an 80cc Kings in 2005. The motor seized on the second tank of fuel, the cause being the red intake gasket had dissolved into a peanutbutter like goo. I contacted Kings and requested the replacement parts to repair the engine, rather than a replacement motor. Sent the parts list as requested, was told they had been shipped, and waited for the parts. They did not arrive and Kings stopped responding to my emails shortly after. Extraordinarily poor customer service.
  8. I bought a 80cc kit for $180 and was shipped a 48cc which I kept. They offered $20 store credit which after a month I decided to try and use but they are not honoring the credit. They made me take pictures of what they sent before even offering that. IMO they were just putting me off till the 30 day Visa dispute time was past. I posted this on the other site and several people have the same experience. They just don't give a carp about their customers. Kings and Gasbike are one and the same company. There is even a post that they threatened violence if the customer came to their warehouse. I would not buy from these guys again. I sent several emails that I was posting this and they never replied...there is over 2000 views on the other site of the whole ordeal.
  9. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Don't buy from Kings

These people are crooks, after you pay they will not answer your calls or emails.......
  10. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Kings I Hope You Read This.

Ooook. Customer service SUX. online chat is always off line and they never returned any mails or called me. O ya if you left a voice mail they dont return them either. But on the Positive side I so far have got what I ordered and in exelent shape happy with delivery. I just placed and order the other day so we'll see how that goes.
  11. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I bought another centrifugal clutch kit 2 weeks ago and it was missing a key part. I emailed them shortly thereafter requesting the missing part be mailed and GOT NO REPLY AT ALL.
  12. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Got kings order

Ok here's my Review, So I got my kit I ordered got in 5 days nice. Everything seems to be in place, But the tank needs to be lightly sanded and painted,and the Cyl. head(aluminum) is a poor casting compaired to the rest (steel) wich is good. louvers on head are bent and looks cheap. I am gonna deal with what I got because there customer service sux. Maby i should start buying somewhere else. I will get some pics.
  13. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

Attached Files:

14. Scott Bennett

Scott Bennett New Member

Kings is another one that took my order and sat on it for 9 days before they told me they did not support FPO APO address for our military. I informed them that this was a US address and uses USPS. They finally refunded my money after a few more days.
  15. Lazieboy

Lazieboy Member

I'm thinking about getting a 48cc 4stroke. If so think I'll try Anyone know if their good company?
  16. Scott Bennett

Scott Bennett New Member

I wouldn't order anything from them. I'm still pending my money and its been almost a month.
    I ordered a frame from their network of websites, they refused to ship to my FPO AE (USPS) address. I requested a refund and that is the last I've heard from them. I have PayPal disputing the transaction now for over a week and even they have no reply from the vendor. Gasbikes, Kings and Raw Motors are all the same. They just get bad BBB reviews and pop open a new store. Beware of folks like this there are very very few reasons why you need multiple fronts to one business.
    Legwon likes this.
  17. 45u

45u Active Member

I placed two orders for them one for a GT2-A frame and double spring springer and all went well. Just wish they where on the east coast. LOL
  18. 45u

45u Active Member

I have seen many cylinders and heads the casting where not very good and can find this on many different kits. No it is not right but for the price cannot expect too much more. I have found so far the kits with the bent clutch arm have better castings them the ones with straight clutch arms. But I am still learning.
  19. Hello Moto!

Hello Moto! Active Member

So far my experience with has been ok. First order though eBay they sent me a defective rear hub adapter but quickly replaced it at no cost to me. This was perhaps due to the eBay system itself that ensures buyer security and holds sellers accountable 90% of the time. I also ordered a wider crankset from them through eBay and it went without a hitch. Most recently I purchased the slant 66cc off there official website and everything is fine except not receiving any shipping or other notifications after the initial order confirmation. With all the negative reviews I am trying to avoid doing business with them outside of eBay but they mark up their prices on eBay due to the costs involved in selling on the eBay platform. For example on their official website a DIY bike kit is $499 and on eBay it's $599.

When I had the hub adapter problem, the customer service rep I dealt with though eBay was great. His name was Sunny and he was on the ball with quick responses. I just hope I never have to contact them outside of eBay because I feel the situation would be much less satisfactory.

My 2cents on the topic o_O
  20. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

gasbike and kings are the same outfit, Nationwide Access LLC in L.A. California.
    It's owned by a couple Iranians.

Got an issue?
    Call the office they are in and let them know about it personally.
    They can put up a useless line for complaints, but that's their business line ;-}

Nationwide Access LLC

0 Ratings | 0 Reviews
    15825 Stagg St
    Van Nuys, CA 91406