kings stole my money

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by strainjpnt, Jul 23, 2008.

1. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

ok so i bought an engine off ebay from kings i sent payment via check on june 23 so finnaly july 15 came around and they said they had not recieved so i cancelled my order sure enough the day after they cash my check . so i asked for a refund and they wont even respond to my emails so now im out 180 bucks and i have no engine.
    does anyone have any suggestions

2. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

your bank should take care of it. what dealer is it?

4. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

if the check has not been paid by your bank, you can put a stop payment order on that check, but it will cost you a fee. if thats the case you should act quickly, before your bank does pay it.

5. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

6. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

canada

there located in canada so i dont know if the FTC can help me

7. crazeehorse

crazeehorse Member

right, i had'nt thought of that.

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Once that check was cashed -- it's a tough road to recovery !!! The lesson here for us all - is to use credit cards.. In cases like this - they will back us up.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

9. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt we are hearing the whole story here

Would that happen to be you? maybe not but i seriously doubt that a powerseller like powerkingshop is going to "steal your money"

DID YOU COMPLAIN TO EBAY?

Why are you using checks to pay for eBay stuff????
    Use PayPal

They will give you a refund or resend your engine. You are just trying to smear their name hence the dramatic title on your post

10. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

that is the same folks I got my kit from, they will send your kit or refund your money. They are a family operation and recently lost 2 of the 5 employees. give them some time and they will make it right.

11. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

yep

i sure hope so

12. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

and no that isnt me

13. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Member

they will
    and when I say give it some time, it usually takes two days to get an answer via email, but they do answer

14. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

um

its ive sent one every day since last friday still no response

15. Accender

Accender Member

I bet your kit just shows up.

A

16. MasterLink

MasterLink Member

man you are something else this man post his story,, and is asking for help ..and you kick the dude in the teeth (we stick together here ).....and what i can say for the poster is i feel your pain... try to keep a level head and keep talking about this issue to who ever will listen ebays safe harbor bank or the law ebay is not the law nor is a power seller mean anything these days as the new ebay has changed

17. astring

astring Member

Here are some agencies that can help you:
    Your state attorney general
    The attorney general of their Provence in Canada
    The FBI internet fraud division (IC3) http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
    ...and most importantly your bank (BofA have free fraud insurance, I used it recently and there was no charge).
    oh and Ebay may be able to help.

..if you think about it for a minute you can come up with several other agencies that can cause them more aggravation then it is worth for them, as a matter of fact leave a message stating that you are planning on contacting attorneys general in each of the states where they do business and each state has different consumer laws, that scares the **** out of this type of crook.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  18. astring

astring Member

save those, your bank will want proof that you made an effort to contact. Also keep a little journal stating dates, times and person who you contacted. Jot down any info you can remember in a little journal (date of purchase check number etc..

19. Macon

Macon New Member

I brought my 1st engine from PowerKingShop last year and paid with PayPal. It did take about 6 or 7 weeks, but it is still working just fine. The best part was that it only cost me 178.00 in total including shipping and handling . I think that was a great price. Your engine will most likely be sent soon, it takes a long time for checks to clear between countries.

20. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

hey thanks man i think you are right that guy was being an *** i just wanted help and the guy went off on me