Carby kinked tubing around carb - can't be right, right?

pickled

Local time
8:54 AM
just started putting together a bike and noticed that the clear tubing coming from the carb is:

1) tightly wrapped to the carb and every tube is kinked enough that it doesn't look like it would work properly. what do I do about this? new tubing? leave it? unwrap the tubes and let them flop around? for a good example see the attached pic, the tube connecting to the air filter is kinked.

2) to the right, next to the tube that connects to the air filter is another tube that is sloppily burnt closed. I have no idea if it should be that way or if they sent me a used POS that got burnt off on some other dudes bike. any ideas?

thanks for any help you can provide!

Attachments

• 2011-11-15_19-07-24_106.jpg
    2011-11-15_19-07-24_106.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 201
they probably just done it to package it un wrap it and itll be ok theres usualy more tube than u need any way so just use the best bit

thanks blue. any ideas on #2?? can't tell if it should be like that or not :(

It's sort of a over-flow, it's (one of the tubes) meant to go back in the tank from where those carbs originally fitted on. That's the advice I got from a carb shop, but they don't know where it came from.

Burnt Tube

ok, but is it supposed to be burnt shut?
The burnt tube is just overflow. If ya want, and have one of those plastic type tanks, you can put a longer tube on it and run it back into your tank. It's burnt shut because you probably don't have a place to put a return tube on your metal tank. They could have shown a little more class and put a nice little plug on it, but people are really getting cheaper and cheaper. I guess anything to save half a cent. I would buy a rubber "cap" from a auto parts store. The're used on car carbs when ya wanna plug a extra nipple on it. It would look better than a burnt tube.
Big Red.

Back