Kits bigger than 66cc?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by zuulthedestroyer, Oct 5, 2012.

1. zuulthedestroyer

zuulthedestroyer New Member

I'm looking for (ideally) an in-frame kit that is larger than 66CC. Are there any out there? I don't have the expertise or the equipment to fab my own mounts.

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Everyone wants an engine larger than 66cc. Everyone has been searching the internet, spending countless hours of their lives looking for an engine larger than 66cc.

Let me know when you find one!!!
  3. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Are you talking about Chinese made 2 stroke bicycle motors?
    66 cc is the largest 2 stroke "kit" made.
    80cc is just a BS marketing ploy.

Why do you want a kit bigger than 66 cc?

Where do you live?
    66 cc and larger may not be legal where you live.
    15 may not be legal where you live. :)

What is your budget for a kit?

There are all kind of motors but not too many of them come
    as kits.

EDIT: I just read your intro and that you are 15, so that kinda
    changes everything.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  4. zuulthedestroyer

Well, I was 15 a year ago, now I'm 16, and will be 17 in a few months. I love 2 wheeled motor vehicles, and can't think of driving anything else. In the state of VA you must be 19 to have a motorcycle license. I know that 66cc is technically not legal in my state, but I've never had a cop ask me what the displacement is, and then investigate.
  5. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

By your own account then, the logic follows that it's "technically not legal" to ride a motorcycle in your jurisdiction under age 19 either. Does that mean you think because it's just a "technicality" you should be okay with that?
  6. zuulthedestroyer

Yeah, and I eat babies in my spare time. I think you're overreacting a bit, a 66cc HT can't touch a 50cc Morini or even Tomos A55.
  7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

79cc or 99cc HF motor. Lots of folks love them and have good luck with them.
  8. zuulthedestroyer

Do you have any info on mounting them to the bike frame?
  9. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

That doesn't mean they're legal for street use in states with 50cc and under moped/motored bikes regs on the books, which btw is a large majority. Besides that they're heavy and wide, enough so to make pedaling impractical.
  10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea noone said legal but folks gonna do what folks gonna do. I wouldn't personally go over 50cc but if folks do its nunamybidnezz.
  11. Max-M

Max-M Member

I was impressed with your initial writing in this thread because not a whole lot of teens have much command of the written word -- and you obviously do. (I'm a technical writer by profession, so I notice these things.)

This reply shows that you're also a witty dude as well!
  12. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

Right, no one wants to take a stand. It will be your business when moronic behavior gets these things banned or regulated out of existence. Look at Washington state and New York to see what I mean.
  13. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

For a motorized bicycle 66cc is all the motor you need if you do some simple mods to it, like lathing off 3mm from the head to boost compression. I gained a noticable amount of power and 9.5% more speed by doing only that.