Kits from Bluecollarbike.com - good deal?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ekramer, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ekramer

ekramer New Member

A couple months ago our member, Crazeehorse, commented in a thread about buying gas motor kits from Bluecollarbike.com. I called the business (phone number is on website). Owner answered. He seems very straightforward and fair on the phone. Easy to talk to, both he and his wife who helps him out with sales. Price is good. Esthetically pleasing, too, per his pictures. Assembly has that motorcycle look, once mounted. Kit includes everything at $185. Motor is from China, but has needle bearings. His sales are brisk, and he thinks highly of his product and service. Has anyone bought his kits? I'm tempted, but would like input from someone who's been there and done that.

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I haven't bought one from him but I needed another engine, I'd give him a try. He hasn't gotten any negative feedback that i can tell on this sight. Go ahead, you'll probably be very happy with it.

3. mac66

mac66 New Member

Do those use 2 stroke or 4 stroke engines?

4. ekramer

ekramer New Member

That's the one question I forgot to ask him during our conversation. Been thinking about that all day.

5. softride

softride Member

purchase

I purchased a kit from Bob and had a really good experience everything as mentioned was there well packed and a great price by the way its a two stroke
    (OK bOB WHERES MY FREE t SHIRT ) J/K:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Royz

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

7. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Bob called me a few days after we went live. I've never bought anything from the guy, but he took the time to chat. He knows his stuff and will back it up with real customer support. That's key in this business.

8. Smerf

Smerf New Member

Just got my motor from Bob today, I have it out of the box making sure everything is good to go so I can put it on when I get off work tomorrow. :cool:

9. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I just ordered a kit from him. Still waiting on it to arrive in the mail. I have a good feeling about it if that means anything to you. I will update once I get it and assemble it.

10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Hold out for that t-shirt, it has the coolest MB ever built on it.

11. rjwenzel

rjwenzel New Member

Got my first from bluecollarbike.com

I just finished assembling and burning in my first bike kit and I got it from bluecollarbike.com. I love it! I can't say how it compares with other vendors but I can definitely say that it's working quite well for me. :grin:

12. Smerf

Smerf New Member

Finished the install last night, and fired it up for about 5 mins :grin: I got the idle adjusted and checked all my bolts tonight, this thing is fun! Now I can start buying a few dress-up things for the bicycle so it looks even more like a classic motorcycle.

I think my grandpa wants one now too, he always wanted a Whizzer when he was young. He'll probably got for a 4T though to put into his Schwinn cruiser.

13. Thanks Guys.:shock:

Softride Please Pm or email me your Addy.

And Size.
    Black ,Grey ,White.
    If your still ,interested in a free Tee.

cheers:smile:

Bob

BlueCollarBike

860-673-6457

14. HoughMade

pm your mail addy If you wish.

Or email me

cheers:smile:

Bob

BlueColarBike

http://www.bluecollarbike.com/

15. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I finished my install of my 80cc bluecollarbike and wanted to give an update:

It runs really well now. When I first installed it I didn't take the time to true up the rear sprocket and I did not check the tightness of bolts after first few miles.

Bob is really helpful if you have any questions.

Well worth the kit price in my opinion.