kits Tanaka PF 4000

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SilverHeels, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SilverHeels

SilverHeels Member

Pardon my naivete regarding this question......
    I read good stuff about the Tanaka PF 4000. Are there complete kits available from the usual vendors? Or, is a custom build thing?

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Great engines.They are a basic utility engine (built to higher specs) with a 78mm clutch.Staton has some kits you can use it with, they are mostly used in a rack-mount configuration (friction drive, GEBE, gearbox) or axle-mount.You need to buy the drive separate, as far as I know no companies sell a drive and PF4000 as a kit anymore, and it's be too expensive if they did.
  3. SilverHeels

SilverHeels Member

UGH! So,
    No characteristic chain drives kits?
    Thanks for your reply.
  4. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Staton sells both the engine and chain-drive rack-gearboxes & axle-mount chain drive kits.You'd have to research what would fit your needs, but no frame-mounts that I know of.
  5. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

KC has a new build out now its a cruiser using a Grube drive with a centrifugal clutch and a HauSheng 49 cc engine to a SBP shiftkit driving a 3 speed hub. So I'm sure the Tanaka could be hooked up also. There's probably a few builders here who can tell you how to do it. KC also has his own forum KC Kruiser's.