knock off GEBE kevlar belt

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by Tom Allen, May 27, 2014.

1. Tom Allen

Tom Allen New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a GEBE drive belt--from anyone rather than GEBE

2. Old Bob

Old Bob Member

Read the numbers on the belt and look them up to find the manufacturer.Chances are its made by Gates.

3. Tom Allen

Tom Allen New Member

yes, Gates makes it

You are right. Gates makes GEBE belts. The belts they make for GEBE are proprietary--only GEBE can sell them So GEBE can ask what they want for them and have no competitors. Gates makes a version of the belt that is the same in every respect save one--it is not made with kevlar cording. How much difference that makes in length of life I don't know. What I do know is that the one belt can be purchased online for about 14$, with UPS shipping the total is about 25$. GEBE charges 32$ for their product and shipping? Probably something like 8$. So...

4. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

So how about a p/n# on the 5mm pitch 9mm wide toothed gates belt? That would really be helpful.

5. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

6. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

Bad link there bonefish

7. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

Will it not let you thru. It lets me thru.

8. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

9. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

Nope, it says product not found continue shopping. How about a gates part number?

10. dchevygod

dchevygod Member

11. Tom Allen

Tom Allen New Member

Yes, that is the right one. If you order more than one at a time you get a better deal--the shipping on two or three belts is not much more than on just one--but check to make sure of that. There are other places, I believe, that sell the belt for a little less than Royal. But all of the outfits that sell it use UPS for shipper.

12. Bonefish

Bonefish Member

13. Tom Allen

Tom Allen New Member

That is exactly the same thing as what he has already found. I know, I have just received one delivered by UPS.If it performs well, I will order two or three next time and save a lot on postage.