Konnichiwa from Okinawa

Kabu

Local time
10:09 AM
Hi, everyone. My name is Jasen and I'm living in Okinawa, Japan. I was looking into getting a scooter to get around town, but the prices and base regulations make it too pricey for me...or maybe I'm too cheap. Anyway, I'm glad I found this site - I've been reading it all morning! Look forward to hearing from all of you!

hi jasen; i had my 21st birthday there, off an aircraft carrier. when there a ton of bikes had engines on front wheel, like a bike bug. find a papasan with a fix it shop and ride on. mitch

Konnichiwa, Jasen, and welcome to the site! I've heard that you're in a very beautiful place with wonderful and friendly people! I'd like to teach English in Japan someday...

hi jasen; i had my 21st birthday there, off an aircraft carrier. when there a ton of bikes had engines on front wheel, like a bike bug. find a papasan with a fix it shop and ride on. mitch

I had a picture of the USS Essex in port at White Beach, but I can't find it! I was on a short pump a few months ago. Nothing quite like Ship-living, although I'm sure you didn't have all of the "nice" amenities we had! I attached a picture of our coffin racks. I was on the bottom.

Attachments

• coffin2.JPG
    coffin2.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 121
Welcome to the forum Jasen. Its great to have you here, the forum really is international now! Have a look through the picture gallery to give yourself an idea on what bike you want, thats always a good start

Fastboy

bikes

Welcome to the forum Jasen. Its great to have you here, the forum really is international now! Have a look through the picture gallery to give yourself an idea on what bike you want, thats always a good start

Fastboy

I know I want a "stingray" styled bike, but they're not easy to come by in Japan. I'm still trying to track one down, although I think I've found a store that carries a few.

Anyone know a company that will ship stingray styled bikes to FPO addresses, or Japan?

it seems silly to ship a bike or engine of any kind as they produce more sizes and styles of any country. on the bon homme richard cva 31 we slept 3 high with no sissy drapes. mitch

it seems silly to ship a bike or engine of any kind as they produce more sizes and styles of any country. on the bon homme richard cva 31 we slept 3 high with no sissy drapes. mitch

I agree - there's alot out here. But there isn't alot of chopper bikes and my heart is pretty set on one. I could probably find a usable motor fairly easily. Part of me wants to piece this thing together and the other part wants to just get a kit and learn how to do it.

Not everyone had drapes, but I did! When the washer was broken I'd string 550 cord from end to end in the rack, hang my damp clothes on it, and then open the A/C vent and close the curtain.

Also, our berthing was in the bow, so when we had rough seas it was like a roller coaster.

Back