Konnichiwa from Okinawa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kabu, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Kabu

Kabu New Member

Hi, everyone. My name is Jasen and I'm living in Okinawa, Japan. I was looking into getting a scooter to get around town, but the prices and base regulations make it too pricey for me...or maybe I'm too cheap. Anyway, I'm glad I found this site - I've been reading it all morning! Look forward to hearing from all of you!

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi jasen; i had my 21st birthday there, off an aircraft carrier. when there a ton of bikes had engines on front wheel, like a bike bug. find a papasan with a fix it shop and ride on. mitch

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hi Jasen. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :grin:
    You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

4. jared3377

jared3377 Member

Konnichiwa, Jasen, and welcome to the site! I've heard that you're in a very beautiful place with wonderful and friendly people! I'd like to teach English in Japan someday...

5. Kabu

Kabu New Member

I had a picture of the USS Essex in port at White Beach, but I can't find it! I was on a short pump a few months ago. Nothing quite like Ship-living, although I'm sure you didn't have all of the "nice" amenities we had! I attached a picture of our coffin racks. I was on the bottom.

Attached Files:

6. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

Welcome to the forum Jasen. Its great to have you here, the forum really is international now! Have a look through the picture gallery to give yourself an idea on what bike you want, thats always a good start

Fastboy

7. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the GIANT Side of Texas!

8. Kabu

Kabu New Member

bikes

I know I want a "stingray" styled bike, but they're not easy to come by in Japan. I'm still trying to track one down, although I think I've found a store that carries a few.

Anyone know a company that will ship stingray styled bikes to FPO addresses, or Japan?

9. stude13

stude13 Active Member

it seems silly to ship a bike or engine of any kind as they produce more sizes and styles of any country. on the bon homme richard cva 31 we slept 3 high with no sissy drapes. mitch

10. Kabu

Kabu New Member

I agree - there's alot out here. But there isn't alot of chopper bikes and my heart is pretty set on one. I could probably find a usable motor fairly easily. Part of me wants to piece this thing together and the other part wants to just get a kit and learn how to do it.

Not everyone had drapes, but I did! When the washer was broken I'd string 550 cord from end to end in the rack, hang my damp clothes on it, and then open the A/C vent and close the curtain.

Also, our berthing was in the bow, so when we had rough seas it was like a roller coaster.

11. stude13

stude13 Active Member

just foolin man, go for it. mitch