Koran Quotes -- grab your socks !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mountainman, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

Have no unbelieving friends
    kill unbelievers wherever you find them 4:89

non-muslims are wrong doers 5:45

Don't let the disbelievers think that they can escape.
    They are your enemy and the enemy of allah 8:59-60

For the wrongdoing Jews, allah has prepared a painful doom 4:160

Christians will be burned in the fire 5:72

there are plenty more in that NOT SO GOOD BOOK
    anyone else care to share ??

they can go and ride that THING if you know what I mean !!

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Care to do a similar oit-of-context set of quotations from the bible, MM?

I could, but why bother? You'd just ignore them.
  3. SimpleSimon

Sorry - out-of-context.
  4. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

why not lets see what you got.... I will read them.
  5. scokes

scokes Member

I'm game:

Slavery Endorsed

Those who disagree spurned

... all who are under the yoke of slavery ... who have believing masters ... must serve all the better since those who benefit by their service are believers and beloved. Teach and urge these duties. If any one teaches otherwise ... he is puffed up with conceit, he knows nothing; he has a morbid craving for controversy..., which produce envy, dissension, slander, base suspicions, and wrangling among men who are depraved in mind...
    -- I Timothy 6:1-5 (RSV)

How to mark your property

... thou shalt take an [awl], and thrust it through his ear..., and he shall be thy servant for ever.
    -- Deuteronomy 15:17 (AV)

Uncut & Unsubtle

Before razors & bikini wax

Thy navel is like a round goblet, ... thy belly is like an heap of wheat.
    -- Song of Solomon 7:2b (AV)

Sweet to the taste

I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
    -- Song of Solomon 2:3 (AV)

The magic hand

My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
    -- Song of Solomon 5:4 (AV)

No comment

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
    -- Ezekiel 23:20 (NIV)

Jesus Christ

The Prince of Peace

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother...
    -- Matthew 10:34-35 (AV)

Beatings don't kill kids

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod [sceptre], he shall not die.
    -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

Execute stubborn kids

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son ... Then shall his father and his mother ... bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
    -- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (AV)

Kids killed for mocking hero

Some small boys came out of the city and jeered at [the prophet Elisha], saying, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" And ... he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.
    -- II Kings 2:23-24 (RSV)

God orders child sacrifice

God did tempt Abraham, ... And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest ... and offer him there for a burnt offering...
    -- Genesis 22:1-2 (AV)

Daughter: a burnt offering

Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return ... will be the Lord's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering." ... and the Lord gave them into his hands.... When Jephthah returned to his home..., who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! And he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.
    -- Judges 11:30-32, 34, 39 (NIV)

Wife listed among property

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a$$, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
    -- Exodus 20:17 (AV), The Tenth Commandment

Christian women: be silent

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
    -- I Corinthians 14:34-35 (NIV)

Woman must marry rapist

If a man [meets] a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her ... He must marry the girl ... He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
    -- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV)

Virgin women are war booty

"Have you allowed all the women to live?" he [Moses] asked them.... "Now ... kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."
    -- Numbers 31:1-18 (NIV)

These are just a few. Some in full context.
  6. give me vtec

ohhh I pine for times past.... how good it must have been.
  7. scokes

scokes Member

what about Biblical contradictions, like -

(Jesus speaking)
    John 5:31 If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.
    John 8:14 Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid.

(Jesus speaking)
    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
    Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Purely taken out of context and can be more fully understood by reading the following verses. But the point is. Koran or Bible, it can be done. So HA.
  8. scokes

scokes Member

How can they be so wrong if they are so similar?

Take a look at this MM. Sound familiar?

1 - "There is no other god beside God." (Qur'an 47:19)

2 - "My Lord, make this a peaceful land, and protect me and my children from worshiping idols." (Qur'an 14:35)

3 - "And make not Allah's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for Allah is One Who heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur'an 2:224) This quranic verse is not entirely analogous to the Old Testament's "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God..." Verse 2:224 is explained by the Prophet Muhammad as: "If anyone takes a solemn oath [that he would do or refrain from doing such-and such a thing], and thereupon realizes that something else would be a more righteous course, then let him do that which is more righteous, and let him break his oath and then atone for it" (Bukhari and Muslim; and other variants of the same Tradition in other compilations).

4 - "O you who believe, when the Congregational Prayer (Salat Al-Jumu`ah) is announced on Friday, you shall hasten to the commemoration of GOD, and drop all business." (Qur'an 62:9)
    The Sabbath was relinquished with the revelation of the Quran. Muslims are told in the Quran that the Sabbath was only decreed for the Jews. (Qur'an 16:124) God, however, ordered Muslims to make every effort and drop all businesses to attend the congregational (Friday) prayer. The Submitters may tend to their business during the rest of the day.

5 - "....and your parents shall be honoured. As long as one or both of them live, you shall never (even) say to them, "Uff" (the slightest gesture of annoyance), nor shall you shout at them; you shall treat them amicably." (Qur'an 17:23)

6 - "....anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people." (Qur'an 5:32)

7 - "You shall not commit adultery; it is a gross sin, and an evil behaviour." (Qur'an 17:32)

8 - "They shall not steal." (Al-Mumtahanah 60: 12) and "The thief, male or female, you shall mark their hands as a punishment for their crime, and to serve as an example from God. God is Almighty, Most Wise." (Qur'an 5:38)

9 - "Do not withhold any testimony by concealing what you had witnessed. Anyone who withholds a testimony is sinful at heart." (Qur'an 2:283)

10 - "And do not covet what we bestowed upon any other people. Such are temporary ornaments of this life, whereby we put them to the test. What your Lord provides for you is far better, and everlasting." (Qur'an 20:131)

put that in you THING and smoke it.
  9. give me vtec

I learned in a Christianity class that taking quotes out of context is always dangerous because when taken out of context you can make a qoute mean any number of things.

I try not to do it... that is why I very rarely edit peoples quotes. Usually just quote the whole thing.

loquin misquoted me yesterday about my "HEADS ON STICKS" comment to bend what I said towards what he was arguing and it p!ssed me off... not cool because what I said was about the politicians, and I didnt advocate actually putting peoples heads on sticks. The way he quoted me made it sound like I was telling people to put muslim heads on sticks.
  10. give me vtec

what... do you think you have found something here???

Muslims and Christians both use the Jewish Bible as the basis for their their writings so why wouldn't they contain most of the same principles... sometimes even word for word. The Holy Bible uses the Jewish texts as per the label "Old Testiment"... and muhammed basically just plagerized most of it. You didn't know that Isaaic and Ishmael were both from Abraham???
  11. scokes

scokes Member

The one thing I don't do is quote scripture to anyone. This is purely for educational purposes only.
    These are clearly stated as "out-of-context". Take it as you want it.

The more I went to chuch, the more the church conviced me into not believing. Personal feelings, so no need to jump down my throat. I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone.

Back up now, This is all about MM's opinion of the
  12. give me vtec

I dont go to Church regularly if at all... I think you just expose yourself to the personal bias of the current Pastor/Preacher. I have heard most of what they say... If I want to know something I look it up myself.

I dont quote scripture, I may talk about what I have learned but I never quote... mostly cause I cant remember quotes for the life of me (religious or not). If I talk to people about religion it is mostly about my own personal experience. Don't feel qualified to talk about much else.
  13. Mountainman

ok I admit -- all were good responses

life is still a learning experience up top the mountain here

it's a good thing
  14. sparky

sparky Active Member

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
    -- Peter O'Toole.

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    -- Quentin Crisp.

"I dislike blasphemy on purely rational grounds. If there is no God, blasphemy is stupid and unnecessary; if there is, then it's dammed dangerous."
    -- Flan O'Brien.

"If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?"
    -- George Deacon.

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that p1sses me off."
    -- Stephen King.

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
    -- Dennis Wholey.

"God is love, but get it in writing."
    -- Gypsy Rose Lee.

"The Bible was a consolation to a fellow alone in the old cell. The lovely thin paper with a bit of matress stuffing in it, if you could get a match, was as good a smoke as I ever tasted."
    -- Brendan Behan.

"Heaven is an American salary, a Chinese cook, an English house, and a Japanese wife. He11 is defined as having a Chinese salary, an English cook, a Japanese house, and an American wife."
    -- James H. Kabbler III.

"If there is no He11, a good many preachers are obtaining money under false pretences."
    -- William Sunday.
  15. Mountainman

16. Mountainman

17. SimpleSimon

Easy for them? I hope so - it righfully should be as easy for them as any other immigrant group. Do you think the Amerinds wanted their societies destroyed, their worship outlawed, their children stolen - all in the name of christianity? I rather doubt it, just as I doubt any informed of "Manifest Destiny" liked what they heard either.

This was not founded as a christian nation, no matter what delusions you may embrace - it was a nation founded to be a secular society tolerant of all religions - by men who mostly considered themselves christians but of many sects. Tolerant of ALL religions, Mountainman, not just the varieties of "christians".

If you truly want this nation to return to its foundations, then accept the fact that one of the key foundation stones was TOLERANCE.
  18. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I have little tollerance for people who move here and take from our society expecting us to conform to theirs... What have they contributed and think about what they have taken. Now ask yourself of the others who have come here.

I know, where would we be w/o Getty or kwik stop!

Worse yet they bring a book saying kill those not like you.

If interested, I could look up the passages, Isaaic and Ishmael were both Abraham's Sons. They got into a fight as Abraham's hiers over land. The two Land's would become Isreal and Palestine and the Bible says the fighting that began shall never end.
  19. Mountainman

SS in 10 years you will eat all of your words...period...

1-it will be easy for them to tear this country apart from the inside out
    because of people just like you -- the blinded ones !!!

2-wrong thread there SS -- usually one known to pay attention ??

3-yes how about some TOLERANCE from you
    when you are hearing stories from your grandchildren
    about how they better convert fast so as to live -- SSS Silly Simple Simon

you didn't watch the last video I posted did you ???
    I bet that (( you like )) what the muslims are doing in the UK ?? right SSS ??
    my friend is in Stevie Wonder's band
    gee wiss Stevie Wonder is a Christian
    my friend and Stevie go to church together
    bet you that Stevie Wonder can see what's going on in the US with Muslims

I will give you the 10 year test as mentioned above SSS ONE
    how much money you got to back up your mouth ??
    bet that in 10 years you will be eating all of your words.......PERIOD.......

20. Mountainman

just a few more of the ones
    SSS welcomes to the US with open arms

SSS you remind me of the French one mentioned below

Pa, Them Muslim's a Coming

Time to wake up
    for the red white and blue
    Muslim's just a waiting
    to do away with our freedom
    fought by many for me and you !

Are we going to continue