Kulana Moon Dog

artik

Local time
3:21 PM
Hello everyone,
I've made my gasoline kulana moon dog and it's fun and all but now I want to add an electric motor. I want to get a hub motor on the front hub so I can still use the back tire for the gas engine. Does anyone know of a kit which is hopefully under 400 dollars which will fit in this situation? I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have. I also want to try to make it one throttle (I could probably do for a thumb throttle) for gasoline and electric power. I'm really excited to see your guy's advice!

Thank you in advanced
Mike

Yes, that should be do-able. I can't think of a particular brand right now, but there's a few front hub motors in the 400 dollar range. I'm sure you'll find them easily by searching the vendors.

I doubt if you can make one throttle control both drives, though.

yes my friend just did this on a kahula bike. he got a 600 w widerness energy kit of ebay . it uses a thumb throttle so he has it mounted on the left side and the gas throttle on the right works great . he runs electric till he is fast enough and then realeases the clutch and fired up his engine sweet setup quite the hybred wish i had a photo to show mabe next time i run into him ill take some phone photos. electric abut 20 miles at 18 to 20 mhp rin out o juice go gas larry

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Hello everyone,
I've made my gasoline kulana moon dog and it's fun and all but now I want to add an electric motor. I want to get a hub motor on the front hub so I can still use the back tire for the gas engine. Does anyone know of a kit which is hopefully under 400 dollars which will fit in this situation? I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have. I also want to try to make it one throttle (I could probably do for a thumb throttle) for gasoline and electric power. I'm really excited to see your guy's advice!

Thank you in advanced
Mike

Hmm I would probably check ebay.

Back