For Sale KW Machine Works Billet Chain Tensioner

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by SilentRider, Oct 3, 2016.

1. SilentRider

SilentRider New Member

Used (less than 100 miles) KW Machine Works Billet Chain Tensioner- $50 plus $4 shipping or $7 if you want shipped priority mail.

2. Randall

Randall Member

Did that work pretty good for you? I have the BBR Tuning Spring tensioner but the sprocket broke off. I'm using the stock tensioner wheel as a replacement. I like the idea of a sprocket as a tensioner. If this is still available on the 31st or the 1st, I will buy it from you.
  3. JunkyardDog

JunkyardDog Active Member

Sorry but that thing is junk. Just another clamp on chain stay mounter roller with teeth. Will have the same problems as the crap that comes with the kits. A spring loaded engine mount tensioner is the way to go. $35 on eBay
  4. SilentRider

SilentRider New Member

It worked fine. JunkDog- real classy crapping on my listing, doesn't this forum have rules about that? Even if it doesn't, it's not cool.
  5. JunkyardDog

JunkyardDog Active Member

There are those out there who think the ones that come with the cheap kits work fine too. And they will continue to do so, right up to the point where it either breaks, bends, or turns on the chainstay and winds up in the spokes. NO chainstay mounted tensioner is going to work unless there is a strong bracket welded onto the chainstay to attach it to. You can tighten it till the bolts break, it will still rotate on the round and tapered chainstay. It's just a bad design. It doesn't matter how perfect it is, how nicely made it is, you could make it out of titanium, it would still fail.
  6. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Actually the KW Machine tensioner is made to perfectly fit a Felt frame.
    The Felt frame is oval so it can never twist.

I don't think that this tensioner would fit on any other frame than a Felt.
    I have one of these and they work perfectly.
  7. Carl Walichnowski

Carl Walichnowski New Member

Hey I'm desperately looking for a quality chain tensioner. Can you give me an item number for the one your referring to on eBay, maybe a link or something. I seen a good quality one on eBay & this forum that people were raving about but my girl erased the item from my watch list. Any help would be appreciated