Tires Largest tire I can run on Micargi Rover GX?

kcpoloman

Local time
10:03 AM
I am wanting to run 26x3 tires on my Rover GX Beach cruiser. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this or has experiance with these Micargi beach cruisers? Looking at the frame, it looks like there is enough clearance but if anyone could tell me for sure before I plunk down money for new tires, I would greatly appreciate it. Also will the chain on the motor still have clearance? Thanks in advance!

What size tires do you have now? What kind of clearanve do you have? If you are running 2.125s, is there 7/16" clearance and a bit more on each side where there needs to be?

The other thing to keep in mind is the width of the rim...

many bikes (even beach cruisers) have fairly narrow rims, and the 2.125" tire is really all that should be mounted on them. You might need to get a wider rim, similar to a Mammoth BFR, in order to keep the tire on the rim in a high speed turn.

Last edited:
Is this bike motorized? Also remember chain clearance needed to the sprocket. My 2.125 slaps the tire a little when the chain gets a little sloppy. but there's ways around that.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 570
Ya, its motorized. And the chain does slap the white walls when I hit bumps or what not but sitting still there is about an inch of clearance between the motors chain and the tire.

i was thinking of running a 24x3 on the rear this tire is tall (atleast the ones i have seen) almost as tall as a 26 standard setup. up front i want to run the 26x3 knowing it will be tall , i still think it will clear the froks.

Micargi General

I have the Micargi General (Army Look Bike) and it came with 26 by 2.3 flame tread tires. The 2.3 was too wide and the chain was rubbing against the tire. I switched out the rear tire with a 1.85 wide tire and have plenty of clearance. I guess I could have went for a 2.0 but I did not want to buy and return so I went for the narrow one.

Back