Laser Cut Gaskets anyone?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by StrontiumEthics, Jun 26, 2012.

1. StrontiumEthics

StrontiumEthics Motored Bikes Sponsor

Are you guys tired of using those Chinese gaskets? or cereal boxes? I totally am. I will be laser cutting some high quality fiber gaskets. If people are interested please pm me. Below is a CAD image of how they will look. More gaskets will be coming soon.

The intake gasket is suited for the wider intake manifold but if you need the standard one no problem!
    Exhaust gasket is properly suited for ported engines and expansion chambers.

Attached Files:

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What a fantastic gasket option. Excellent work!

3. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

How much? I'm tired of spending 2-3 bucks for a single gasket and then getting charged 9 bucks for shipping when shipping actually costs less than 3 bucks.

4. StrontiumEthics

I will be giving away a few gaskets for free for testing purposes now. I presume I will be ready to start shipping in about 2 weeks. I haven't figured out the price as yet but it will be in the ballpark range of about $3-$7 per gasket depending on the material I decide to go with and $2.50 for shipping and I can combine shipping as well, for a flat rate fee for larger/multiple orders.

PM me if you would like to be one of the lab rats!

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I would love to be a lab rat but since i'm in Australia the shipping could prove to be a bit of a problem?

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Sign me up. I'll be a lab rat and will even pay for the gaskets plus shipping.

7. StrontiumEthics

Sure guys. PM me with your addresses and what gasket you need. Shipping to Aussie shouldn't be that bad actually. Its not a bulky package. I will look more into it and let ya know Fabian.

8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Let me know the shipping cost to Australia.

9. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

Thank you for the upgraded products, count me in for at least one set. Also, do you intend to make a head gasket?

10. sp454e

sp454e Member

can I be a lab rat. I am laughlin nv. just replaced head & base gasket, the orig. base gasket is junk. replaced it with a piston bike base gasket. now the the case gasket looks like its about ready to let go.

11. littletinman

littletinman Member

Sign me up as a tester!

12. StrontiumEthics

Head gasket I am currently looking into but will definitely keep you posted!

13. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

I'm a longtime laser op myself, my family has run a shop in SoCal since '92. Back in '06 I made a set (base, head and crankcase] gaskets out of .032" copper, they worked out really well.

Totally overkill, but held a seal perfect. Stuff like head and carb gaskets on an HT don't need to be special, you can make one out of a Pepsi or beer can tho lol!

14. sp454e

sp454e Member

Q. what is the thickness of the base and cases gasket. for rebuilding

15. StrontiumEthics

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Just had to take care of a few things before I proceeded. I appreciate all your patience. Nonetheless, I have all the gaskets cut and ready to ship. I will be posting pictures in a few hours and the specs of the gaskets including thickness, price, etc. I can probably start shipping Saturday so once again if you are interested please PM me. I will also be post a link to an eBay page if you guys would want a little more security. Stay tuned!

16. StrontiumEthics

They are 1/32" thick

17. StrontiumEthics

18. Wildbee

Wildbee New Member

I'd be interested in what gasket brands you're thinking of using, I've got a 250W laser and if you need help just call.