Lastest build completed! Going out tonight

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Sarpy County Customs, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Here is a picture of the latest SCC build. I Hope The picture I put on this thread worked. Test drive cruizes 30-35mph minimal pedle up hills. Tell me what you think of the bike or any suggestions you have to make it better
    1. in the bike tank
    2. 4 stroke
    3. serpent drive system
    4. rock oil filled front suspension
    5. hydrolic disc brakes
    6. 7-speed cassette

Attached Files:

2. Cavi Mike

Cavi Mike Member

Nice build man. Really nice. Only thing I'd do is ditch that rear rim brake so you can put a proper black rim on there.
  3. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

I like it!
  4. Thanks for the replies we really like the in the bike gas tanks. You are correct our intention is to sell that bike so we should make it at least uniform.
  5. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

Hi Sarpy -

That IS a nice build. I especially like the serpentine chain routing so there is only one drive chain that stays somewhat tight at all times. (I threw a couple of intermediate chains in the past because of misalignment or they gradually loosened over time.) It looks that, if necessary, the chain can be easily routed to completely bypass the engine-powered gear.

What did you use for the idle pulley? How prominent is the chain noise level? I am especially interested in how well the chain stays in place and does not jump off when in gears 1 through 4. Let us know.....

4-stroke engine ... smart move!

Front shocks ... Those and a well-padded seat will be nice to have on rougher roads.

Hydraulic brakes ... an expensive nice-to-have. I do endorse disc brakes over rim brakes.

7-speed cassette ... a nice to have when adjusted properly. I will make use of my first three gears a lot, maybe the fourth once in a while. Numbers 5 and up could be used, but bog down the engine too easily when climbing hills at this altitude (Colorado Springs, 6,000 feet plus above sea level).

Thanks for posting.

6. Mikej

Hey mike, We are a new builder this year. We created the serpent drive system because of the chain jumping off and noise in the the chain. We have had no noise now and after it is properly aligned and adjusted you have full use of all gears. The serpent drive system has been awesome with both 2 stroke and 4 stroke engine builds. If you are interested in our other builds you can check out our website at
  7. Stoney

Stoney Member

Looks good!