Lawnmower subversion in Devon

snailspacejase

Local time
12:29 AM
Hi to you motored bike people out there. I thought I was the only crazy into this stuff. Pleased to find I'm not!
Hope you don't mind me showing my contraption to you. It is a shopping bike with a suffolk punch mower engine grafted on the front. 3 speed gearboxes for pedals and engine. Auto clutch.
It made me laugh.
I'm toying with the idea of a sterling engine powered beast next.The problem is it will need a swept volumn of at least 600cc to produce 250w. Could be fun.
I normally get about on bigger machines and have yet to risk the law by riding the shopper/mower on her Majestys highway. Gonna do it when they are'nt looking.

Attachments

• Image229.jpg
    Image229.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 231
  • Image215.jpg
    Image215.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 218
  • Image230.jpg
    Image230.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Image238.jpg
    Image238.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 208
Love the look on your face where the chain fell off. :LOL: I'm all out of Suffolk Punch engines, but I just stuck a tecumseh snow thrower engine on one. That poor thing has been a happy time, an electric, and now a snow machine. What next.

By the way, your front hub setup just gave me a few ideas.......(runs off to shop)

I like it. Wrap some wood around it and call it an apple toter. Oh, make sure you got your ear plugs in so nobody else can hear it! Heh Heh!

That is the kind of stuff I would like to see more of ! Anyone can go to the store and buy things, but to to what you did is what it's all about for me. Thanks for giving me some ideas to think about.You made my day Snailspace.

Back