Lay Z Boyin' it in the shop

bamabikeguy

Local time
10:16 AM
The neighbors had a yard sale, and I picked up an old office chair, with wheels and tilt back. Can't tell you what a joy it is to work on brakes and washer/axle adjusting.

No more bending, give it a whirl and there you are, eye level on the other side of the bike.

Then I helped a friend paint his house for a few hours, he was selling out and moving to Texas. When I saw the wheels on his old television stand, I thought to myself "wheels, ummmmmm".

I drilled and doweled both sides, one for the box wrenches and such, the other for, uh, er, the other stuff. Shelves for holding the most used nuts & bolts, lower level for dremel and drill storage

Super handy dandy.

I call it my "Tool Wheeler"

Attachments

• lazyboy 005.jpg
    lazyboy 005.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 283
  • lazyboy 006.jpg
    lazyboy 006.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 252
  • lazyboy 007.jpg
    lazyboy 007.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Most of you folks already saw my homemade wheel stand, a Cub Scout project shoe shine box.

With 2X4's to hold the wheel up, all the stuff I use to snap on spoke rings, (liquid soap, spacers, etc.) and make my mount modifications (threaded rod, tape measures, et al) are stored in the bottom.

But with my new "tool wheeler" keeping small stuff organized, I made myself a "wheel barrel".

Its a blue half barrel, that blew off somebody's truck 1/4 mile down the road over a year ago.

I drilled a hole in the center, to put the axle into. And it sure makes wrestling with those puncture proof tubes and tire liners a LOT easier.

So, while you are collecting stuff on the side of the road, keep an eye out for a potential wheel barrel.

Attachments

• lazyboy 002.jpg
    lazyboy 002.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 229
  • lazyboy 003.jpg
    lazyboy 003.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 258
  • lazyboy 004.jpg
    lazyboy 004.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 241
That is great use of something that would otherwise end up in a landfill. The only thing I see missing is the holder for your beer that is refrigerated. Nice work.

Jim

Back