Leather handle bar bag for good price

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by jefuchs, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jefuchs

jefuchs Member

I've been looking for something nice to stow my tools in, and happened across this today for less than $12. Amazon reviews were positive, and the price can't be beat.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Well done. i mounted a standard "under seat pack" under my fuel tank for a tool bag on my cruiser. it's a tight fit for the 6 inch crescent wrench.
  3. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Nice!~ Euro look is in.........................

4. jefuchs

jefuchs Member

It just arrived. Well worth the money, but darn, it's big. It's nearly a duffel bag. It has numerous straps, loops, and velcro fasteners, so you can attach it pretty much any way you need. Those seat-belt-type straps in the picture are sewn in, so I may end up cutting them as there's no other way to deal with the excess length.

I'm pretty sure I could fit my tools, helmet, lunch, and tackle box in this thing. It looks a bit over-sized on the bike, but still not so big as to be a problem. If I had it to do again, I'd have gotten two of them to use as saddle bags, since the size would be more fitting. Heck. I just might.
  5. keith217

keith217 New Member

Nice. The bag has a different look to it. Pretty cool. As for me, I use a toolbag that I mounted. I got it on www.motorcyclehouse.com . It was pretty decently priced.
  6. professor

professor Active Member

When I needed a tool bag, I went to the Salvation army thrift store down the street and bought the women's purse (black of course) that I liked the best. Cut the straps off but used the D rings. Now that you mention it - a big one would work for a saddle bag.
  7. keith217

keith217 New Member

Hahaha. You gave me a good laugh. Sorry, but I was imagining my mothers good ole purse hanging off the side of my bike as a saddle bag. Granted, she did have everything one could ever need in there.

I guess that is one cost effective alternative for some.
  8. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Yea a purse just isn't cool in my book.