Left side BB THREADS

Bill P

Local time
7:20 AM
from everything I read the left side of the bottom bracket should have reverse threads, am I right ?? I got the right side off, don't want to force it, new bike made in china.....Thanks.

couldn't say for every bike, but if just a bit of thread is peeking out, try running the tip of some safety wire along it to see which way it goes

Got them in , they are different than the ones David machines, they have Odyssey stamped on them , they came with a sleeve that I inserted .Ther is a lot of slop in the axle , could this be simply spacer related ??

If you are talking about a standard 3 piece crank bottom bracket then the right side has a left hand thread and the left side has a right hand thread. It's opposite of how pedals are threaded.

Got them in , they are different than the ones David machines, they have Odyssey stamped on them , they came with a sleeve that I inserted .Ther is a lot of slop in the axle , could this be simply spacer related ??
Are you using a 2-spart cartridge BB or a shaft and caged bearings?

For cartridge type you thread the main cartridge with axle all the way in on the right hand side with the socket tool CC, then run the connecting shell in for the left Clockwise.

The left side needs to cup over the main bearing or you will get axle movement.

Back