legal in Belgium?

jagatron

Local time
9:26 PM
Specifically if insurance is necessary, registration, etc.

Any other west Euro people out there? Saw thread from UK person.

Also, anyone tried transporting a motor from the US to Euro in suitcase? Seems to be a controlled item. 'Travel between both frequently, things much cheaper in the US of course.

I would imagine that it's the same across the EU. So basically you would have to pass a test to register the vehicle, or you could do what everybody else does which is ride it without registration and thus illegally.

BSA

As I'm a bit new to the laws here in EU, what would happen if/when police caught you? They'll ticket you, or take the bike? I rarely see police out "watching" for things like this like in the US where they're roaming constantly.

Specifically if insurance is necessary, registration, etc.

Any other west Euro people out there? Saw thread from UK person.

Also, anyone tried transporting a motor from the US to Euro in suitcase? Seems to be a controlled item. 'Travel between both frequently, things much cheaper in the US of course.

If I remember rightly - until recently you didnt have to register a cyclemotor/MB in the low countries etc. My information is a couple of years old so it might have changed in the interrim. Its only places like england where I am now not allowed to change a lightbulb where such annoyances exist - and as has been said, they just get ignored cos they is stupid.. lol

If you are transporting a bare engine I cant see they'd have an issue - the problem would be fuel etc. but really - if you are between the two countries alot and have a place in both to store a machine, considering they are so cheap why not build one for EU and the other in the US?

Jemma xx

Back