Let myself, introduce...... myself.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kielohawk, May 22, 2007.

1. Kielohawk

Kielohawk Guest

I need to begin with.... THANKS!! for this awesome site and to everyone who contributes info here!! My name is Dan and I live in Ohio around the Springfield area. I am 36, married with 2 kids. My job=F-16 Avionics Technician. I, like many others here, have dreamed of putting an engine on a bicycle ever since I was little. In July, I am scheduled to take the 3 day MSF (basic motorcycle course to get the endorsement) course. I need this course in case I get a motorcycle to be able to ride it on an Air Force installation.
    This all started when I was searching for a 250CCish motorcycle on the web and came accross these "Bicycle-to-Moped" converson kits. I have been riding my bicycle to work (8.5 Mile trip one-way) and it takes about 25 to 30 minutes and with gas prices so high I was looking for an alternate way to work. It normally takes me 12 minutes to drive to work. To make it short, I purchased a King Power 80CC kit from a seller with great feedback on Ebay for $188.00 total. The kit came from BC. Canada. I purchased a bike from Target fro $53.00 and mounted the kit up verses putting it on an old Western Flying I have lying around. After installing new heat treated engine mount bolts and loc-tite'ing every nut that I could, I have about 70 Miles on my bike and it takes me around 19 minutes to get to work at about 27 MPH average. I cruise at around 30 MPH at a 25:1 fuel ratio for break-in.
    The information on this forum has GREATLY helped me in all areas from preparation, installation, to operating. I will be posting pics in the Photos forum section. Glad to be here!!

Dan

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc
    a wealth of information regarding all to do with motored bikes
    8) 8) 8)

3. spunout

spunout Member

welcome, dan!!! its nice you put some personal info about yourself. imho we could use a little more of that.
    enjoy the forum, its the best out there :D

"let myself, introduce...myself" oh man, what movie is that from? my wife knows, but since its killing me, she wont tell :evil:

4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

thank you, Kielohawk, for the kind words :)

that's a great story, it sure sounds like a do-it-right-the-1st-time build...would you take a moment to let us know how/where we came into the picture? http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1295

welcome to the MBc 8)

5. Kielohawk

Kielohawk Guest

I saw the sticker on the side of a tank in a YouTube video! :)

Dan