Lifan 50cc wiring issue!

chris01

Local time
9:35 PM
I recently purchased a honda mini bike with a Lifan 50cc vertical motor(i think).The problem is all of the wiring was cut so i have no clue where anything goes.The Lifan(hooper) website offers no help! Does anyone have experience with these motors?Pics coming in a few. Thanx

I forgot to say hi so I say hi and have a little more info

My last bike was a Honda XR650r witch is stock without blinkers or brake lights. It only has the front enduro head light. It also only has a kill switch.
Theres also a xr650L series that is street legal with blinkers and brake lights.
My XR650R had a baja designs kit that added the blinkers and brake lights along with on off switch and contols.

So there is also a xr50r with baja designs kit.

If your bike has blinkers and brake lights you go with a xr50L wiring diagram.
If not go with the xr50R series.
Hope this helps

Thanx for the response. The bike in question is a 1994 Honda Z50r,no blinkers or factory wiring at all.It is kick start only so no starter etc... Just engine,coil,CDI unit and kill switch.Once i figure out how to post pics here it should help out alot.

Here are a few pics: Misc 040.jpg

Misc 041.jpg

Misc 042.jpg

Misc 044.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What you have is a Honda. I live for Honda's they have great technology.
Heres some Honda pointers your going to need.
Only use honda 4 stroke oil so you should drain whatevers in there and your going to need to clean the old gas stains from the jets in the carb which is really easy.
Theres some z50r repair manuals get one for sure before doing anyhting furhter and get to know your bike.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_kw=z50r&_kw=manual

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
With all due respect,i know it's a Honda.The problem is i have 5 wires coming from the motor and i dont know where they connect. There arent any factory wires on the bike at all,so a wiring diagram for the bike is pointless.There wont be any lighting,battery,etc...The motor is a Lifan 50 or 70cc(havent figured that out yet).I have a single wire coil that came with the motor and CDI unit.What wire connects to the coil? What wire connect to the kill switch? Which wire is actually the ground?(earth) Thanx for your replies bideronit13!

Back