Lifan 50cc wiring issue!

try "pitbike" forums...

firstly youll need the plug for the cdi. so you need to find someone selling pitbikes or a mate and pinch his while hes looking the other way...

or fleabay :)

so.

green=earth. thats a given
yellow x2(or ones white...) 12Vac power for a regulator.

pale green= neutral.

then theres blue to cdi,
and red to cdi.
then from cdi is black yellow to coil, as well as green.. and another wire from the cdi, blackwhite, to killswitch :)

see why you need the plug? the cdi has pins and i cant recall which one is what without going and looking...

blue may be blue/black. same with red...

any colours like purple etc are from the gear indicators and useless...

I do have the plug for the CDI unit,got lucky on that one.

Attachments

• Misc 040.jpg
    Misc 040.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 718
Which wires in the picture above do i need to hook into the CDI unit,and which pin do they hook to(location)??

cdi.JPG

looking at plug.

red is red

yellow/black to the coil

white/black to killswitch

green is earth

blue is blue

the yellow and white in your pic are 12vac.

the three wires to concern you are the red blue and green. they go to the cdi unit, diagram is from cdi's viewpoint, or, looking at the plug.

add a wire to the plug(yellow in my diagram) that goes to the coil. some coils also require a green or earth. theyre small, encased in plastic, so have no internal earth... if you see laminated steel core, its already earthed.

then, as safety, add another :rolleyes: wire to white in my diagram, and thats the killswitch.

insulate the ends of the white and yellow that come from the engine, or hook up lights :)

if you have one of those silly cdi units with two plugs...cant help ya.

was enough getting me to go look in the shed! :eek:

Last edited:
Black w/Red stripe,Blue w/White stripe and Green are my colors. I know the green is a ground(earth),now does this wire ground to the CDI(hook into),or does it ground to the chassis of the bike?? I have tried every possible position,and flip flopped every wire in the harness with no luck,no spark!!!! My next guess would be to purchase a new coil,stator,CDI the works. Do you know or have any links to anyone that may carry a kit with the harness and everything? Thanx for your reply HeadSmess!

green to earth (frame) AND to cdi plug, and maybe to coil.

start by trying alternative coil. or make sure all contact surfaces are clean...including where its bolted to the frame.

then a cdi unit, then the main stator plate.

actually, the very first should be a new plug...cr6hs? something like that... cheapest part to check :D

links for the us of a? no idea...pitster pro i think...

or miniriders? ive been out of the bike scene for a few years now.

then theres always fleabay. heaps and heaps of parts there... cheap, too!

if youve been haphazardly sticking wires anywhere, the cdi is more than likely fried. they can be delicate like that.

new one will be about $15-40...

DONT get one for an IRK. (inner rotor kit, use completely different flywheel, cdi, coil, etc...)

Back