Lifan build

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Zen builder, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Zen builder

Zen builder Member

Has anyone used a lifan 125 on a beach crusier? I like the 4 speed transmission . This seems to be the only smallish motor that i have seen with a tranny. Is there another one that may be smaller? The cost is more than a HT, but when you consider the Tranny, thats nice.

2. vegas3416

vegas3416 Member

Look at my custom build thread..that is pretty much the engine you are talking about...Its a long and wide engine...there is quite a bit that needs to be done to get the engine to fit correctly. From much wider cranks to balancing the engine in the frame correctly. Now I have seen someone put the engine in a Macargi frame(think thats the name of the bike) but the chain line from the pedals is crazy. Good way to get a leg or finger cut up really bad if not done right. I've spent nearly a year on building mine and it took me quite a bit of time at the drawing board and some ideas from other bikes I've seen. I will say it would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't work and go to school but it is what it is. Good Luck with the build

Zen builder likes this.
  3. Zen builder

Zen builder Member

Vegas, yea , I saw the same chopper bike , and I kind of freaked out over the chain also. Haven found your thread yet, but will continue to look. thanks again.

4. vegas3416

vegas3416 Member

If you just click on my name you can see all my post..it's under custom build

5. Zen builder

Zen builder Member

Got it. Thanks. I find that I haven't received my engine kit yet for my first build ( HT) and im addicted already. I have built big bikes, and restored lots of cars, but dont have the time, space or money to continue BIG toys. This sounds great, and I always loved the early HD's ,Indians,etc. I live about an hour away from "wheels through time" check it out @ wheels through time .com.
    Thanks again for your help, will probably be asking for your input at different times. Hope thats OK.