Lifan build

Has anyone used a lifan 125 on a beach crusier? I like the 4 speed transmission . This seems to be the only smallish motor that i have seen with a tranny. Is there another one that may be smaller? The cost is more than a HT, but when you consider the Tranny, thats nice.

Look at my custom build thread..that is pretty much the engine you are talking about...Its a long and wide engine...there is quite a bit that needs to be done to get the engine to fit correctly. From much wider cranks to balancing the engine in the frame correctly. Now I have seen someone put the engine in a Macargi frame(think thats the name of the bike) but the chain line from the pedals is crazy. Good way to get a leg or finger cut up really bad if not done right. I've spent nearly a year on building mine and it took me quite a bit of time at the drawing board and some ideas from other bikes I've seen. I will say it would have taken me a lot less time if I didn't work and go to school but it is what it is. Good Luck with the build

Vegas, yea , I saw the same chopper bike , and I kind of freaked out over the chain also. Haven found your thread yet, but will continue to look. thanks again.

Got it. Thanks. I find that I haven't received my engine kit yet for my first build ( HT) and im addicted already. I have built big bikes, and restored lots of cars, but dont have the time, space or money to continue BIG toys. This sounds great, and I always loved the early HD's ,Indians,etc. I live about an hour away from "wheels through time" check it out @ wheels through time .com.
Thanks again for your help, will probably be asking for your input at different times. Hope thats OK.

Back