Lifan Dealer 7 min away from my house!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cory, Apr 25, 2008.

1. cory

cory Guest

Have been contemplating my next bike project and built a bike titled the Monster Whizzer. The help I received and all the positive input made me realize I would like to stay with this forum. But one of the only reasons I built a motorized bicycle was becuase I loved the old frame I was working with and wanted to build something nice out of it. Now that the project is complete I find myself falling back on what Ive always been interested in and thats motorcycles. I built a bobber out of a hacked up Harley 750 K model and had a ball. Then I customized my 2004 Suzuki Volusia. For my next project I would like to jump on the band wagon and build a little Kikker Hard Knock. Have a large Lifan dealer 7 min away from the house and would like to install a 250 twin, just to make it a little different than the normal 49 or 110cc cookie cutter kikkers around, not that they arnt cool. Has anyone had good experience with an established kikker dealer and do any of you guys have any input on frame strength and overall quality of the parts they give you to build this thing. Was really hoping they offered a rolling chassis so I wouldnt have to purchase their motor and poss some of the other substandard parts I might pull off and put in the trash anyway. I hope Im in the right place to be talking about something other than a motorized bicycle.

2. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Is that Hooper that's near you? They have been very helpfull to me and they ship fast. Sorry I don't know much about the kikker. They look cool, and the ones I looked at online seem to have plenty of room for a larger power plant.

3. cory

cory Guest

Hooper (Lifan)

Ya, its Hooper! Talked with the owner and he got nervus after telling him I was planning to put a 150 vertical in a bicycle frame, (prob firebikes). Not sure what I want to do yet. A harley Hummer frame would also be cool, or Simplex. Best case would be to find something with a blown or froze up motor that someone has messed with so bad they dont think its worth a dime. Anyway, small, light, low , fast and cool is what Ill be shooting for. Like any project most of the fun comes with the brain storming and parts search.