Lifan wiring help

Discussion in '4-Stroke Engines' started by chipmcluk, Aug 18, 2008.

1. chipmcluk

chipmcluk New Member

Hi, I've been lurking around this site for quite some time now and finally decided to register as I've run into a bit of a snag. I'm building a motored bike using a Lifan 161fmj, which is an upright 150cc motor. I have a few of the wiring parts to use with the motor but I know I need a wiring harness and some other pieces to get it running. Is anyone familiar with these things or know of someone who would be able to set me up with what I need. Thanks in advance!

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

3. loquin

loquin Active Member

Alaskavan went that route with his tadpole trike recumbent build, I believe. He ordered a harness for his motor after receiving it. Scan through the link above for the details.

4. chipmcluk

chipmcluk New Member

thanks for the replies. I ordered a harness from hooper so we'll see as soon as it gets here. With the diagrams though, it really simplifies the process.
    The bike started life as a 1950s Roadmaster bicycle, but as you've stated, its fast turning into a motorcycle. Should be fun either way!

5. motospeed

motospeed New Member

Hey chipmcluk can you help me. man I need your help bad I have been looking hi and low for the wireing harnsss for my lifan 161fmj which just so happens to be the same engine as yours ,so I read your post and checked out hooper import exports and all that but did not want to bye the harness they had because it is for a LF200GY ,can you tell me if this the harness that you bought, and if so does it work.