Lock your Whizzer

Baverian

Local time
9:05 PM
Here is an easy and cheep way to lock your centerstand,by simply drilling a hole for a padlock.(See attachment)

Attachments

• RIM00009.JPG
    RIM00009.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 333
Locking Sucess

Hi Bavarian, a VERY good idea! at 97+ lbs the Whizzer is a burden to carry, and with the stand down VERY unwieldy! I had not considered the need to lock mine (immobilize) but that will work nicely! In addition, if you wanted to, you could run a cable thru that lock, and attach to other Whizzers, or anything stationary!

Simplicity of design to me equals elegance. A mechanical contrivance, easily built, and nearly indestructable should be the goal of ALL builders.

I wish our Throw-away society understood this as well as you (apparently) and I do.

Good Job!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Kinda like a disc brake lock on bigger bikes.

I'm also going to suggest locking it to something immobile so it can't be thrown into the back of a truck. That seems to be the way most motorcycles are stolen.

Randy

good call Randy

I'm also going to suggest locking it to something immobile so it can't be thrown into the back of a truck. That seems to be the way most motorcycles are stolen.
Randy

good call Randy

when we were young kids
my buddy and I locked our two bikes together
someone saw them throw our bikes into a pickup truck
long dong gone !!!

makes it hard to ride that THING

Thats so simple I should have thought of it [should have] and with a little cable tie to most anything GREAT IDEA!

Unfamiliar with Whizzer bikestand.:geek:

This might sound silly, but couldn't the thief simply unbolt the stand from the frame?

This method will not stop someone that is actively searching for a Whizzer to steel. Nothing will stop them. This will stop someone that is thinking they can just walk or ride off with the bike. A crime of opportunity so to speak. I don't know many thieves that carry wrench sets in their pockets.

Jim

The way I heard it; "Locks don't stop thieves, they keep good folks from going bad." I will be drilling my center stand soon, I don't want to corrupt anybody.
Thanks for an elegant solution.

Back