Locked thread

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Fabian, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I am totally distressed at a locked thread on this forum. It breaks my heart that i can't respond to Old Bob for his asinine comments in the "4 stroke kit Warning" thread.

Just when my fingers were getting ready to hit the keyboard with a reply that was to be nothing less than the sound of a D-day invasion, i find out that the thread is locked.

I have been polite in the past, but this time i was going to let him have it; maybe requiring a good dose of Rectinol by the end of my post.

I just wanna reply to Old Bob in the "4 stroke kit Warning" thread, but it now feels like a Taylor Swift episode: we are never ever, ever going to reply together, like, ever!

:sweatdrop: Why do i get this strange feeling that the moderators are ready to give "me" a large tube of Rectinol without the soft tip applicator :sweatdrop:

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Old bob is set in his ways and anything short of the Lord striking him with a lightening bolt won't change his views. Evidently the mods saw no reason for a peeing contest.
  3. roughrider

roughrider Member

Yeah, I wondered about that with regard to myself too.

But, well, I have this really cool motorized bicycle that I just love to ride. Whenever I feel the need for an uplifting experience, I just fire her up and go for a spin. Also, there are plenty of other great threads to enjoy.

And btw, Fabian, I tried your trick of diluting moly grease with mineral spirits, spraying it on my chain, and letting it drip dry overnight. Worked great!

I guess the mods figure it was time to move on, and I agree.

4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I've read a few opinionated threads by a fellow called Fabian.
  5. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Everything seems a microcosm, and there always has to be one weenie in the group.This forum has a better wheat to chaff ratio than most.I read and learned tons before I spent dime one, then saved tons when I finally bought.More than worth the cost of one yapping little bob in the background.
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Molybdenum disulphide grease watered down with mineral turpentine (turps) works wonders on chains; getting into the pin area as a liquid, and once the turps has evaporated, the grease refuses to fly off the chain.
  7. roughrider

roughrider Member

Just came back from a spin. Stunning, how quiet my chain is now, and not one streak or spot of grease flying off.

And this is just ONE example of ONE the great things one can learn by paying attention to the accumulated lore on this excellent forum. I'd never have gotten that without an online source. No one I know ever heard of that.

And did I say, "Thanks?" (Thanks.)

I could not have built Max without the help I got here. I don't think I would have given up, but I certainly would not have had a solid, reliable build. I would have probably ended up with a bad attitude about these idiosyncratic, tricky, kinda delicate 2-stroke China Girls. Now, I think they are really cool. I'm looking at some cross-country trips now. I'm thinking I could do it. I'm ready to try.

And did I say, "Thanks?" (Thanks.) Thanks to you all who have given with no thought of return.