Long Beach, CA Ride Sun April 3rd from El Dorado Park

BiMoPed

Local time
2:16 AM
Long Beach, CA Ride Sunday April 3rd from El Dorado Park.

Everyone is invited to come to the biggest motorized bike
meet and ride in Southern California.

We are going to be riding from El Dorado park down to
PCH (Pacific Coast Highway} then all the way south along the ocean
to Huntington Beach then turn around and ride back to the park.

About 26 miles total there and back. There is a very wide bike lane
all the way down PCH.

Final details are still being worked out and will be announced here soon
along with a map of the ride.

Last edited:
A lot of bikes showed up at the last meet at El Dorado park

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=20151&highlight=dorado

Here are a couple of pics from that meet.

HBLOCAL's and Raully's amazing Felt bikes.

Hope you guys can make this ride.......Bairdco's 54 mph GPSed
Colson will be there.
I think he will hit at least 56 mph on PCH. I know that he is aiming
for 60mph

It would be great if everyone who is coming would post in the thread.
Thanks

Attachments

• El Dorado Group Shot.jpg
    El Dorado Group Shot.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 355
  • Felt Raully John meet.jpg
    Felt Raully John meet.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
It's only 7 day's until the meet and ride on April Sunday 3rd.

Weather is saying 30% chance of showers but I ain't worried
as the 10 day forecast is always way off.

Meet at 10am to 12 noon

Ride starts at 12 noon

The ride map starting from El Dorado park will be added soon.

Please wear a DOT looking helmet if you are going to ride.

Where in the park will you be meeting up? I have a few bikes and some friends to ride them so we are looking foward to it. I never worry about the weather!

Where in the park will you be meeting up? I have a few bikes and some friends to ride them so we are looking foward to it. I never worry about the weather!
Great. I will be posting up a Google map soon.

We are meeting at El Dorado Park in the free area, coming in off Studebaker, just North of Willow, and South of Spring St.

there's a turn in at the Tennis Center, on Google Maps it looks like it's called E. Barrios St.

i think it's the only turn in between Spring and Willow. it'll take you past the skatepark and near some baseball fields where there's free parking in the bottom of the free area.

so we can meet up there, starting at 10am, hang around awhile, then take off riding at noon. this'll give people a chance to take some pictures, BS, and look over the bikes or whatever. or just show up at noon for the ride.

we'll go south on studebaker to a right on 2nd/Westminster which will take us to PCH.

then a left on PCH for a nice 15 or so mile cruise to Huntington Beach.

there's a Dog Beach as you enter HB with 2 parking lots. i figure we can pull into the second one and wait for any stragglers or break downs to catch up

this is also a good place to regroup for the ride through Huntington Beach, as traffic, meaning auto, pedestrian and bicycles can get pretty congested, especially if it's a nice day. we can take the lane as a large group and freak everyone out all the way to Beach Blvd.

we can pull into a beach parking lot there, and i'm pretty sure if we pedal in there'll be no hassles. we asked a parking lot guy on magnolia if he cared, and he said "they look like bicycles to me" so i don't think they'd try to make us pay. if they do, we'll just turn around and 2-smoke him out of his booth... and if they're cool about it, we might be able to do some drag racing in that nice long parking lot.

the route back is the same thing, only, y'know, backwards.

we can re-group at the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve to have a smoke, whatever.

as far as food and beverages go, we checked out taco surf and it looks like a logistical problem. not enough bike parking (essentially none at all. there wasn't any room for the cars that were there.)

Super Mex is a good option, they've got great food, beer, and it's pretty cheap, as well as having a nice big lot. there's also a liquor store and a few other joints to eat if you're not down with super mex and you want a crappy 5 dollar foot long.

i'll leave it up to the group to decide if you want to eat on the way in or the way back.

it's about a 30 mile ride, and it's not set in stone.

Last edited:
I'm down

The ride down PCH to HB is a good one, I do it all the time. Diabla is rarin' to go.

Attachments

• DSCN0614.JPG
    DSCN0614.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 358
The ride down PCH to HB is a good one, I do it all the time. Diabla is rarin' to go.
Nice looking bike!
What is your cruising speed?
I see that you have the CA moped license plate.

Thanks very much for the ride route suggestion, great idea. I will plot it out later on Google maps.

Thanks. With the 1" roller it goes 25 mph at WOT. The $18 and other "street legal" gear suits my risk-reward ratio just fine. Sunday's on PCH always bring many interesting vehicles to see. Should be fun.

SHoot!!! I work on that Sunday!!! going to see if i can work something out and try to get it off!!! do you guys do this every month? looks like a lot of fun! i wanna bring out my new toy!

34i1nvs.jpg

SHoot!!! I work on that Sunday!!! going to see if i can work something out and try to get it off!!! do you guys do this every month? looks like a lot of fun! i wanna bring out my new toy!
This is the first meet and ride in Orange County since July 2009.
There was a meet at El Dorado in June 2009, see the pics in an earlier post.

There are rides up in Los Angeles and down in San Diego.

Yes, we are going to be having regular rides in Orange County this year.

Do you think you could make a 30 mile ride on your bike? Looks painful
to me.

Last edited:
Back