Exhaust long exhaust pipe

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by crabdance, Jun 2, 2008.

1. crabdance

crabdance Member

Hi everyone. I've searched but don't seem to be able to find any reference to this. I was wondering does anyone know where you can buy the long muffler I've seen on some bikes? I think they look great but don't know what they would cost or anything. If someone has some links to vendors I would sure appreciate it.

thanks,

edit: ok can anyone point me to a link where people made their own? I'm still looking

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008

2. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

That would be the poo poo pipe you are asking about. Dax might have one or check Mike Simpson. I think they are around 100 bucks... Do you have a Kart shop in your town? I'm pulling the motor off my old Schwinn Suburban and putting on the Schinn Point Beach, I think the Kart shop is willing to make me a custom setup. Just check for go-carts in your yellow pages.

3. crabdance

crabdance Member

Thanks for getting back with me. I will check Dax and see if they have one. I will have to check about the Kart shop. Thanks for the directions. $100 is kind of ouch though... maybe that's why I don't see many around :)

thanks for the help

4. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I have a Poo Poo Pipe on one of my bikes. Contact GruBee's parts guy, Dennis Foster. You can get his contact information here: http://www.grubeeinc.com/
    I paid $54 plus shipping for mine a couple years ago.
    -Chris

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

www.livefastmotors.com has one as well
    spookytooth used to sell them, but I'm not sure if Roland has them anymore
    both were in the 50$ range

6. crabdance

crabdance Member

Thanks man, I will check it out. $54 is not bad.

7. crabdance

crabdance Member

Hey azbill... thanks for the info. I will check them out for sure.

8. crabdance

crabdance Member

At this point I would like to ask a question. What if you did a home made straight pipe. Is that bad for the engine? My neighbor is a welder and I know that he could make one for me. I just don't know if there is a down side to doing it. I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on this...

thanks

edit: sorry if this is just a plain stupid question folks, but I really don't know. thanks for the help

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. Irish John

Irish John Guest

They seem to call all their pipes poo poo. If you mean the pipe that looks like a real motorbike pipe with silencer they cost US$80 and are hard to get cos I think they stopped making them. The one I got in March (shown in picture) was the last one at bicycle-engines.com. They may get more in. They came in chrome and black steel and it sounds good but I'm wondering if it may be the reason I struggle on hills. I still have the poo poo pipe it came with cos that's part of the kit. You'll see them on the China Gas website so whoever imports from there can get them. I fixed it at the end with two stainless hose clips and it looks great that way and doesn't jiggle about. They stop you having a panier because of the heat of the pipe but they do look lovely on a classic cruiser.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  10. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Dennis Foster is out of it, the site doesn't do retail anymore.

11. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

I'm buying the Schwinn Point Beach this weekend to start a new bike. I'll go by the local go-kart shop and see if they can make a nice longer exhaust pipe for us. Email me if you want to know anymore. I can tell you it'll be a painted system from a chat a long time ago I had with the owner.

12. crabdance

crabdance Member

Thanks for the info... I won't be chasing that one down then

13. Irish John

Irish John Guest

Try calling Jeremy at Bicycle Engines.com. No point emailing him at:
    sales@bicycle-engines.com
    Cos he won't reply but you'll get him on the phone and he could order one in I reckon. I think there is still a market for that pipe cos it looks better than the one that comes with the kit. The phone number is: 1-800-514-8435
    Bicycle-Engines.com
    1490 Harper Puckett Road
    Bozeman, Mt 59718
    And it's on the website:
    http://www.bicycle-engines.com/
    I'd like to know if he can get more of them in from China.
    Good luck.

14. crabdance

crabdance Member

Thanks for the info. I will give him a call tomorrow. In the meantime I will check out the site and see if he has any on his site. I appreciate the help!

15. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Do a search on Ebay for "bike engine kit" there is a seller that has some for around 50

16. crabdance

crabdance Member

I did a search on eBay. Didn't really find what I was looking for. I saw a few mufflers and a few extensions but still not what I was looking for. Maybe I wasn't finding what you saw. I searched under "bike engine kit", "bike muffler", and a few other things and still did not come up with what I was looking for. Thanks for helping though. I do appreciate it.

17. grouchyolfart

grouchyolfart Member

Anybody try using flexible steel tubing? I remember buying some from JC Whitney for a custom fit exhaust system in an old car. I figure if a small diameter flex tube can be found, it'll also look retro and can mount the muffler well behind the rider. Just a thought. I did a search, but only found "rubberized" flexible steel "hose". :???:

18. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Did you see this auction>

bicycle Motorized BIKE ENGINE extension muffler 2stroke
    Item number: 190226336669

19. crabdance

crabdance Member

Hi, I looked at that one and the pipe is not that long. It still stops up under the motor and doesn't go out to the back wheel. It's not a bad muffler, just not the type I'm looking for. Thanks a lot for the help though.

My neighbor is a very good welder. Can you make a pipe to go on the bike? How do I find out how to make it? Does anyone have a link to a pipe that I can go by to make one for myself? I've seen several shapes for straight pipes but I don't know what is the best is. Can anyone point me in a direction? Thanks for the help everyone.

20. crabdance

crabdance Member

Finally found one on eBay. the number is: 310055237067. It's a long pipe. But now I'm wondering about making my own? Yea I know... never satisfied lol... I'm thinking I might be able to make a prototype and share it with some friends. Who knows? Maybe I'm on to something here!