Long time motorbike builder

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by msrfan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. msrfan

msrfan New Member

Hello fellow motorbikers. I've been building motorized bicycles for about 25 years. Started with Whizzers and then homemade. I primarily use Briggs and Stratton motors because of their abundance and reliability. Besides, 25 years ago there were no chinese kits. Been on the other forum a few months and decided sign up here to learn more and share some. Raced at the Willow Springs event and looking forward to the next one. Always building new stuff and basically enjoying like. Eager to meet some forum members and maybe go on a local ride.

2. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hello msrfan! welcome to the group. Please allow us to pick your brain. Have fun.
  3. msrfan

msrfan New Member

Thanks graucho. Here's photos of some of my junk.

4. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Hi msrfan and welcome.
    You guys are in for a treat as msrfan is not only the consummate builder of
    motored bikes he is quite the racer too placing 2nd in the 4 Stroke Class and
    3rd in the Ultimate Race of all the classes at my recent Willow Springs Race.

His grandson riding one of his classic "junk" lol Briggs bikes won the 4 Stroke
    class and placed 2nd in the Ultimate Race.
    I hear that msrfan has being hot rodding his ride for my next Oct 22nd race
    at Grange Racetrack in Apple Valley. LOL

Looks like the local OC rides are going to only be announced here and the
    "All Legal" Huntington Beach down PCH to Crystal Cove will be happening!
  5. mason_man

mason_man Active Member

Those are some nice riders msrfan.Looks like you've been busy, nice configuration.Looking forward to seeing and hearing them. Ray
  6. MotorBicycleRacing

msrfan is # 12 and #11 is his grandson on their Briggs race bikes at the
    start line at the recent June 18th Willow Springs race.
    This was the Ultimate race of all the classes even though they were behind
    the winner a 2 stroke china bike rider magrider they handily beat #33 bairdco

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  7. professor

professor Active Member

Hi and Welcome to Motoredbikes. I well remember you from the other forum - great ideas on those bikes!
    I am currently building a bike with moped front end and wheels - you provided a bit of insight on using these parts!
  8. msrfan

msrfan New Member

Thanks Ray. looking forward to another city ride.
  9. msrfan

msrfan New Member

Always glad to share ideas. Nice to be able to still find old moped stuff. I'm running out of 36 hole drum brake hubs, so I'm building a 24'' bike to use my 28 spoke hubs.

10. MotorBicycleRacing

How is the bike build coming along?