Longest Living Robin/Subaru

If you can get 22mph with a 1" roller... then with a 1.25" roller, 28mph should be about right.

Aren't there 1.5" rollers? There's none on Staton's site, but I coulda sworn I've seen them somewhere before.

I also must admit I have the 1" on both my GEBE and Staton and can only hit 22-25 max on a calm
day with a flat surface. I weigh 215. Weighing a lot less, my wife and kids say they do 26 on a good day.

mikem/Mountainman I shot a carpy video of both with a hand camera and 4 home brews in me. 8.6% :eek:
You cant see it.... but no helmet, flip flops, shorts, no shirt. Everyone should stay away
from home brew. Makes you STUPID. What can I say, I was on vacation for 2 weeks. 1 week was
by myself, with no one keeping me on the "up and up". :devil2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZT91Dma-E

Last edited:
Not So Carpy Video

I also must admit I have the 1" on both my GEBE and Staton and can only hit 22-25 max on a calm
day with a flat surface. I weigh 215. Weighing a lot less, my wife and kids say they do 26 on a good day.

mikem/Mountainman I shot a carpy video of both with a hand camera and 4 home brews in me. 8.6% :eek:
You cant see it.... but no helmet, flip flops, shorts, no shirt. Everyone should stay away
from home brew. Makes you STUPID. What can I say, I was on vacation for 2 weeks. 1 week was
by myself, with no one keeping me on the "up and up". :devil2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UZT91Dma-E

Hey groucho,
I saw your video on youtube when I first started researching bike motors ... gotta disagree on the carpy-ness (lol). Actually thought it was one of the better ones and enjoyed watching it several times ... have it bookmarked. That was my kind of ride ... a nice two-lane blacktop cruise in the country (watch out for the cranberry bogs!). Some good close ups on the friction system too. Good to see the bike/motor system do so well.

Now that I know we're both a slim, trim 200+ pounds (without helmet, shirt and flipflops!) I'm even more impressed with the little motor.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

Hi All,
I've been researching bike motors for about a month now hoping to do my first build next summer. I don't think I've read any bad reviews on the 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini 4-Stroke. Everybody seems to love it. I was wondering just how many miles (or hours) I might expect to get out of one. Anybody had one for a long time?

Larger rollers will make for higher top speeds, but will add lots of wear & tear on theses little engines... & the rider's legs!
we all got a little ot here.....me included...lol ... speed is fun, but MikeM is asking about lifespan....
carry on.....

Larger rollers will make for higher top speeds, but will add lots of wear & tear on theses little engines... & the rider's legs!
we all got a little ot here.....me included...lol ... speed is fun, but MikeM is asking about lifespan....
carry on.....

Thanks Dave ... appreciate the help. (Of course I was enjoying the roller talk too. I think I heard somewhere all bike talk is good talk!)

While not on a bike, I have a Robin Weedeater that is about 30 years old. It has had extended use & has needed very little service. It has never been in the shop & I was able to fix all small repairs ever needed. I run it dry after every use, unless I need to use it again within a few days. I never store gas for it over 30 days, either.

While not on a bike, I have a Robin Weedeater that is about 30 years old. It has had extended use & has needed very little service. It has never been in the shop & I was able to fix all small repairs ever needed. I run it dry after every use, unless I need to use it again within a few days. I never store gas for it over 30 days, either.
Esteban,
That's what I call longevity (is the warranty still good?! lol). I wonder how much running it dry between uses had to do with it.? Sounds like a good idea ... to keep the varish out. That might not be practical on a MB but maybe adding a little Stabil to each tankfull would have the same effect.?

Thanks for the input. I love hearing how good these motors are.

Back