Longtime rider, new member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SirJakesus, Dec 12, 2007.

1. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Hey guys, I've been motorbiking for a few years now and I just recently found your site and i think its AWESOME! I didnt know there were so many other people into this kickarse hobby. A few of my pics from my first year are posted below. I have a kings 70cc kit and have since added a heavy duty motormount, sprocket mount and a long tailpipe that extends almost to the rear axle. The Raleigh has since been changed back to a normal bicycle as it was my test cycle and I prefer the stingray. These pictures are from my first year setting these bikes up so not all upgrades are shown. Last summer (2007) it ran flawlessly and the only thing that made me put it away before it got too cold was a popped chain. I could have used some spare links to get it going right away but i instead opted for a whole new heavy duty chain.
    Thanks again for setting this forum up, Its great to see other people with these put-put cycles around.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  3. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Welcome to MBc SirJakesus.
  4. Herrmanator8

Herrmanator8 Guest

Welcome. Hope you enjoy MBc.:grin:

5. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Welcome man...glad u found us.
  6. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I probably have close to 1,000 miles on that engine. I take it out every chance I get especially on hot days when the breeze feels way too good to stop. The only things that limit my motorbiking time is time spent tinkering/upgrading, work, weather and my motorcycle when I want something a bit more thrilling. :)
    It's good to see y'all though. When I first bought the kit my only real concern was not being able to find spare parts but it seems these Chinese 2-strokes are just getting better and easier to find all the time.
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Welcome to MBc!!

Is that the stingray XL ?

feel free to post more pics in the Gallery.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  8. atcspaul

atcspaul Guest

welcome to mbc. its a great place to share and learn
  9. beast775

beast775 Guest

great rides its fun here:grin::grin:
  10. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the tribe from the Giant Side of Texas!
  11. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Yes it is! The frame is nice and solid and it really grabs peoples attention. It seems like having the smaller rear wheel helps on the hills we have here. I'm running a 44 tooth sprocket and it seems to have a good mix of top speed and torque. I mostly ride in rural areas just for the fun of it at a calm pace but she has the speed to make it exciting.
  12. mickey

mickey Guest

Welcome. Nice bike.
  13. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  14. Scottm

Scottm Guest

Welcome to MBc. Glad you are here
  15. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Welcome to MBc...glad u found us.