Look at this!!!

Street Ryderz

Local time
9:33 PM
I was trying to ex plane to a poster how when your piston is at tdc the keyway on crank should be at one o'clock and was going to take a pic to show the position and lol look at this!! wtf this is a 2015 grubee 48 with its timing back a good 5 maybe 6 degrees!

Attachments

• 2016-12-02 20.03.41.jpg
    2016-12-02 20.03.41.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 160
I wonder if it was a intentional change brought forth from their being made aware of the flaw in original design.

there are now two diff rotor keyway positions - there are now two diff kinds of cranks with the slot cut at diff places - as near as I can tell, the new balanced cranks take the rotor keyway that is almost straight up - be careful went grabbing a rotor off the shelf

there was some discussion of this a couple years ago

I wonder if it was a intentional change brought forth from their being made aware of the flaw in original design.
I hope so!!!! that would mean that those cranks and magnets can make more power with a little less abuse to it!

there are now two diff rotor keyway positions - there are now two diff kinds of cranks with the slot cut at diff places - as near as I can tell, the new balanced cranks take the rotor keyway that is almost straight up - be careful went grabbing a rotor off the shelf

there was some discussion of this a couple years ago
Well I wasn't here for that lol, but this is good to know!

Timing on a 2 stroke defies what you learned on a 4 stroke.
More timing advance does help low speed torque a bit, but hinders high speed as the pipe comes on tune. Therefore the typical high performance 2 stroke timing curve actually trails into retard, instead of advance with top rpm. This does another magical thing. It drives heat into the pipe and changes its tune, to your advantage, increasing the rpm range of the powerband. The standard China Girl ignition is a nearly flat curve, hence the advantage of Jag's CDI box.

Steve

Agree totally with that thats why i want to try the afore mentioned combo because it will retard the whole flat curve!

I still have a couple older one that the epa lable says are timed 23 degrees btdc so bringing it back even to 13 is still alot right?

Back