Look what came up on today's craigslist.

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Large Filipino, May 17, 2008.

1. Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2008

2. Is it worth the 200 dollars? Engine don't run.
    Is it junk?
  3. Hybridbiker

Hybridbiker Member

its for sure a classic, but im not sure about $200 for it in that condition.
  4. Maybe if the engine is not cracked and still usable I would think?
    I bet someone could make him a 100 offer and he'll bite.
  5. Old Whizzer

If I were there i'd surley buy it, but cannot take the risk of long distance, and might be a rip-off take the money and run?

6. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Of course it is worth $200 dollars!!! It could be parted out for 4 times that amount. The carburetor alone is worth over $100.00. The gas tank is most likely worth over $100.00. The flywheel another $60.00 to $75.00, side cover $50.00, camshaft [if it has one] is approx. $50.00, lifters $25.00 to $30.00, cylinder & piston $150.00, clutch pulley & arm $80.00 to $100.00, head $75.00 to $90.00, motor mounts $35.00 to $50.00, etc, etc.
    If I lived anywhere near the bike, it would be sold in seconds!
    Have fun,
  7. Thanks Quenton. I had a hunch this has worth. Then it's so old even.

I wish I had the funds then build up on it.

I'm sure someone else will see the gold around here in Denver.
  8. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Hi Large,
    If anyone buys it, I have every single part possibly needed. And most of my vintage parts are NOS, but I have used parts [in perfect condition] if needed in most cases if money is an issue. Almost always the motors can be put in service with a little carburetor work [cleaning or rebuilding], and or ignition coil repair or replacemnet. An average "H" motor is worth $850 to $1000.00 rebuilt, and a "J" is worth about $200.00 dollars more. The points can also give a few problems, but can be easily replaced with a module [approx. $20.00].

Have fun,
    Last edited: May 18, 2008
  9. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

A S T E A L !!
  10. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Hey Large.
    If it is still there, I will send you the money to get it for me. We can work out the shipping later. That's a real deal..

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  11. Contact him so he doesn't think he's going third party and I'll PM you my e-mail and contact info. Let him know I'll take it from his hands. Or maybe I'll take some pics?
    PM sent.
  12. I just replied to his ad. I'll let you know what he says.

I'll ship it for you,KD. I told him your gonna restore it.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  13. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Large I just PM'd you. I hope he still has it....
  14. This is getting a bit frustrating. He hasn't replied yet.
    When people advertise,you would think they would reply to your e-mails.
    Some of them when their stuff gets sold,don't even remove their listing.
    It hasn't been 24 hours yet so we'll see what happens today.