Looking for a good engine kit for my cruiser.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by joefa88, Jul 9, 2008.

1. joefa88

joefa88 New Member

okay so I am brand new to the engines on bikes thing. But, I am really interested in putting a small 2 stroke engine on my cruiser. I have looked on ebay, online, and in these forums. Basically, I would like some suggestions on what kit to buy, what else I will need, etc. I also do not want to spend much money, $200 or less would be good. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

2. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi joe; welcome. we all started the same way. readread. about the least expensive is friction drive. lots of info at search. here is a kit bikemotorparts.com then you can put a weedeater or chainsaw on it and you be gone. mitch

3. augidog

augidog Banned

$200 or less would NOT be good (pun-only)...please, read around the place, there's some interesting topics just a few down from yours...have a read in the different areas of the garage, see what's good what's bad, who's having troubles and who's riding trouble-free...

of course, everyone here, including me, knows exactly where you're coming from, so we have a lot to share...there is quite an education to be had here, go get it :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  4. joefa88

joefa88 New Member

thanks for the quick reply. Im actually really looking at the engines that fit inside the cruiser frame, not the friction drive ones. any suggestions?