Looking for new motor for friction drive setup

dropndestroy

Local time
10:51 PM
i just got a bike with a friction drive setup on it and i want to get a bigger motor also something that i can get the parts for easier. I was told get a honda or subaru i want to get a 4 stroke aswell. can anyone give me some info on wats a good motor and would i need anything different to mount it

heres a pix of the bike
rs8oeq.jpg

If your going four stroke the honda gx50 is the biggest " but it needs some expensive clutch adaptors ", followed by the gx35 and 31. Imo the3 subaru is a better 35cc 4 stroke. The power that is coming from the little 2 stroke that it has is more than the 35cc engines can make tho. That bike is very interesting. Id look at making a frame mount honda gx50 with a belt drive:cool:

20120427174803.jpg
this is my most recent build in progress and I started with the fd u bracket. I have another mount I can sell you that will fit the 78mm clutch witch is what u will need. Um I got the belt and sheav from GEBE and sourced my own sprocket. But you will need the mount I have, some hardware to mount it, the belt and sheave from gebe, a drive sprocket made to fit the clutch drum in the mount I have. And if your interested ill try and make the larger sprocket I have "15t" fit that clutch drum and ill sell it for $120 to you. The mount is aluminum so its not as heavy as the steel channel that you have now. I like my belt drive it doesn't drag at all when pedaling. Lmk if your interested in my 78mm clutch mount.

Back