Looking for tips info

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JFleck, Mar 1, 2010.

1. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Hey Guys,

Been awhile since I have been on here, was nice to see my Electric Indian pop up on the title bar after all this time.

I am starting to build a new bike just ordered the frame and everything today and was looking for suggestions for engines. I know some new stuff has come out and wanted to see what everyone thought was good, what was junk, and what I should order for the best deal for my money.

This bike I'm going to make a hybrid, I will be putting an electric and gas motor on it. I included the frame pic below and what a finished one looks like I will be making some dramatic changes though. I'm excited to be building another bike.

On a side note I am going to be selling my Electric Indian if anyone is in the Southern California area and interested let me know.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010

2. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Wow, no suggestions for engines . . .

3. augidog

augidog Banned

4. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Guest

How's This?!

How about an in-frame Mits 43cc engine with scooterguy chain drive and a front wheel electric hub? :idea:

5. Wheres my dog

Wheres my dog Banned

You have got to tell us where that frame was bought from???

That is insane!

6. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

That looks like the Choppers US super fat they make some nice products, a little pricey but worth it.

Cheers

7. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Go to BMPs sight they have a sweet 4hp 48cc motor thats incredible.

8. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Yes I am planning on doing an in frame gas engine and a front wheel electric hub, The electric I know it was a gas engine that I was looking for suggestions on I found what I think may be a good one on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320483502002&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and as for the frame I got, yes it is a SuperFat frame from Cycles US in Upland, Ca.
    http://www.choppersus.com/store/content/37/2009-Super-Fat-Chopper/

Also I am changing out the spokes on my rear wheel putting 12 gauge spokes on does anyone have a contact for getting spokes? I need 9 7/16" or 240mm it is a 24" wheel and I am having a hard time finding that size I may have to have them made . . .

Thanks guys

9. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Actually the RAW frame, (not powdercoated) is only $199 and if you wait like I did for when they have one of thier sales I got it 30% off

SWEET!!

10. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

11. JFleck

JFleck Guest

Thanks, checked them out they look more like motorcycle types and exspensive . . .

Just found this site:
    http://www.huskybicycles.com/sports/index.html

Got a pack of 50 spokes and nipples for $19 they were an 1/8 in difference than what I think I need but we'll see . . .

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

I have waited to post as I don't want to seem I am pushing a product,,,
    not many have posted engine suggestions like you asked for
    JFleck, have you checked out the EZM 4 cycle kits ???

13. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Pricey yeah , I thought you were looking to go with a larger spoke there are tons of places that sell many different sized 14 ga.

Cheers
    Chainmaker

14. JFleck

JFleck Guest

The 50 pack I ordered are 11gauge so they are bigger, the 1/8" difference was in the length

15. JFleck

JFleck Guest

You guys do payment plans?
    I would like a 4cyc kit but they are more exspensive right?

but also quieter, more powerful? haven't looked into them to much you have a link or a pdf sheet?