Looking to make 1st full build, need motor advice.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Linkzell, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Linkzell

Linkzell New Member

Hey everyone! So, i'm in the market for a motor kit for Christmas. The bike I am using for the build is the Schwinn 700c Men's Admiral Hybrid(http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-700c-Men-s-Admiral-Hybrid-Bike/19582534)(My girlfriend works at Wal-Mart, so I got 20% off.).

Down to my question:
    What motor do you suggest to get and from where? I want to be able to distance ride and keep the kit under $500, if at all possible, under $300.

1) I'm OK with 2 or 4 stroke.
    2) V-frame or rack
    3) Chain please... or maybe belt, no friction.

So far, i'm thinking of cheeping out and getting an HC 2S from www.gasbike.net (One of the Skyhawks). I do know that most HC motors are tinker and ride-able, but I want something I could do 100+mils/day for a week on.

2. JVROOM

JVROOM Member

I think I would be inclined to go for a four stroke at this point. Previously I had a two stroke by MX5 superbike, no longer available. This 66cc motor kits in my opinion are absolute junk. I have spent so much money working on my project, I could've bought a Wizard, or even something better. Also, I'm not sure about this, but possibly the 49cc is better. I think those from down under know a lot more than we do about this. But if you're looking for reliability and 100 miles a day, you are not going to get one of these Chinese kits. I'm sure others have different opinions, but I have only made 13 miles, and I'm broke down more than not. Good luck, and let me know if you find something successful, John