Looking to make 1st full build, need motor advice.

Linkzell

Local time
11:26 PM
Hey everyone! So, i'm in the market for a motor kit for Christmas. The bike I am using for the build is the Schwinn 700c Men's Admiral Hybrid(http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-700c-Men-s-Admiral-Hybrid-Bike/19582534)(My girlfriend works at Wal-Mart, so I got 20% off.).

Down to my question:
What motor do you suggest to get and from where? I want to be able to distance ride and keep the kit under $500, if at all possible, under $300.

1) I'm OK with 2 or 4 stroke.
2) V-frame or rack
3) Chain please... or maybe belt, no friction.

So far, i'm thinking of cheeping out and getting an HC 2S from www.gasbike.net (One of the Skyhawks). I do know that most HC motors are tinker and ride-able, but I want something I could do 100+mils/day for a week on.

I think I would be inclined to go for a four stroke at this point. Previously I had a two stroke by MX5 superbike, no longer available. This 66cc motor kits in my opinion are absolute junk. I have spent so much money working on my project, I could've bought a Wizard, or even something better. Also, I'm not sure about this, but possibly the 49cc is better. I think those from down under know a lot more than we do about this. But if you're looking for reliability and 100 miles a day, you are not going to get one of these Chinese kits. I'm sure others have different opinions, but I have only made 13 miles, and I'm broke down more than not. Good luck, and let me know if you find something successful, John

Back