Looking to purchase in Arizona

Evil Zoe

Local time
6:18 AM
I located this forum via Google while researching alternative modes of transportation and found a lot of information here about local laws and other items of interest. I thought this might be a good place to begin.

So, now I'm really considering purchasing a motorized bicycle, but I really have very little idea where one would find a good deal on possibly a used cycle or even new ones, other than Spooky Tooth Cycles or ebay. I've very little knowledge on how to build one myself, so I'm not certain a kit would be a good idea for me.

Any information from anyone is more than welcome, and I hope to be able to contribute more to the forum soon.

hey evil; i buy bikes on craigs, but yard sales and thrift stores are good options. of course w-mart is there but you get what you pay for. the rack mounts are good options for longevity and low maintenence. ride safe gloves and helmet.

I'd suggest that you might discuss, via PM's, the possibility of getting some experienced member too build/help you build one for yourself. There are several such in Arizona.

One, it helps you establish a working relationship with someone nearby who knows your machine;

Two, it gives you the opportunity to have an input to the multitude of choices to be made in building a motored bike; and

Thirdly (most importantly), it will not likely cost you anymore than, and likely less than buying a pre-built machine of dubious quality.

Good luck

I ordered a Golden Eagle kit (look at ad on left side of page) but I am still waiting. In the meanwhile I picked an already built friction kit from craigslist. Take some time and read about it. look at the Golden Eagle site and the Staton site.

Back